• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wheels Are In Motion
10 10

310 posts in this topic

Congrats to the both of you, Ian and Vincent, for resolving this. Congrats to Ian for being one (very rare) book closer to completion of one of the all-time great collections. Congrats to Vincent for helping a desperate collector get one book closer to his dream (which I am sure he does a lot, in his position). I won't go so far as to say that either of you has restored my faith in humanity, but it's good for the hobby that, at the end of the day, a comic book fan was able to get the book he wanted and the dealer was able to get the price he wanted and make the customer happy. That's what it's supposed to be all about.

Hear hear.

This whole situation has ended far better than I dreamed it would.

A happy ending for a change.

About 7-8 years ago there was 2 or 3 copies of Double Action 2 floating around for less than $3000 and NOONE was interested.

I believe there are now ten - eight and two covers with no comic inside.

But we're all forgetting Double Action 1.

Remember the cover with the ghoul and the dog howling at the moon.

This may be the only Gerber 11 that we know about.

In other words, a comic that truly did exist sixty five years ago, but in such few quantities that sixty five years later not one single copy exists. Just a scan of the original artwork from heaven knows where. Overstreet says there are two copies of Double Action 1, but I've yet to find one. The only way to border on a semi-authentic one would be to collate all the Doctor Occult pages from the early More Funs and bind them in a re-created facsimile of that scan. That would be the nearest we ever might get to a copy, unless someone knows more and they're not telling.

You should "ALL" take a step back and examine the need to comment when you have very little information to work on. And as I have stated quite frankly in many cases it's none of your business. You should be fortunate that any dealer (Myself Included) stays on this boards and listens to most of this dealer bull####. BlazingBob is mild compared to some of the flamethrowers on this board.

Man, this board is like a car wreck; I try to look away, but I'm morbidly fascinated with the ugliness of it all.

Bob - Everyone who was speculating towards your reasons for selling on that thread, apologized, myself included. The reasons for your sale were just put into question to discuss another issue. You should be flattered that we put so much weight in your decision to sell your FF's, that some of us were using it as a way to forcast the future market. You're probably the most respected on this board of all the major dealers. You have your own little cheerleading squad, applauding every sale you make. You buy and sell books that most of us here covet, and you've managed to set record prices doing it. Half of the "pretty book of the day" threads contain books that have passed through your hands. And because of your status, you probably get opportunities and have contacts that most of us here would kill for.

Those are all good things. So if every so often, a comment is made about you that you don't like, or may be wrong entirely, correct it by all means. But don't keep whining about it. And don't act like it's such a privelege that you grace the lowly, unapreciative masses on this board with your presence. Good or bad, it's important for you to read these boards because they do pertain to the business you are in. But for all the garbage, there's a lot of good as well. A few of us said some things you may not have liked, you responded, and we apologized. Get over it already!

The conclusion of this thread reminds me very much of the way children act in a toy store. They want something, are denied, and then proceed to throw a tantrum until they get what they want. I guess this works in the adult world as well. grin.gif

I actually own a copy of Double Action Comics #1, but I've been told by Metropolis that they'll pay 20% more than any other offer I receive by anyone, and 30% more than any other offer coming from Great Britain. confused-smiley-013.gif

The conclusion of this thread reminds me very much of the way children act in a toy store. They want something, are denied, and then proceed to throw a tantrum until they get what they want. I guess this works in the adult world as well. grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I'd like to build on this and see a method to Ian's madness...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif "maybe if I whine and complain enough about how Jeremy (buenavista) and Glenn (4gemworks) and Paul (silverandbronze) have the remaining 5 books that I need to complete my 30 cent MArvel Price variant collection, the forumites will take my side and put enough pressure on them to sell the remaining books to me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif or better yet, I should direct them all to the one who put the variant "wheels in motion", the one and only Flying Donut (Ron Jeremy) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I'd like to build on this and see a method to Ian's madness...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif "maybe if I whine and complain enough about how Jeremy (buenavista) and Glenn (4gemworks) and Paul (silverandbronze) have the remaining 5 books that I need to complete my 30 cent MArvel Price variant collection, the forumites will take my side and put enough pressure on them to sell the remaining books to me 893scratchchin-thumb.gif or better yet, I should direct them all to the one who put the variant "wheels in motion", the one and only Flying Donut (Ron Jeremy) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Which do you need? How about a "Five Variants To Go" thread? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif