• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wheels Are In Motion
10 10

310 posts in this topic

Are you guys really going to dig this thread up to have it locked or deleted? Really?

After 22 pages previously, I'm not sure this is getting locked anytime soon.

Plus someone asked where this was at so they could read it. As long as folks don't come in here screaming "PERNTS", "Are you guys really going to dig this thread up to have it locked or deleted? Really?", or other zaniness....

:baiting:

Interesting read.

I need to up my insane threatening to get some SW books methinks hm

Time to go drink some whiskey in a dark room then email Cheetah and Teleteries

Only thing I'd say, is nobody writes super long responses like they seemingly used too.

That was back before everyone learned that nobody cares what they have to say.

Only thing I'd say, is nobody writes super long responses like they seemingly used too.

That was back before everyone learned that nobody cares what they have to say.

Everyone but you apparently.... :whistle:

:taptaptap:

This isn't the original thread right, but the second started after the first went *poof*?

This was the very first major drama in the forum sine I joined and that thread was legend!

Well there was hammer getting exposed just before this too... hm

Are you guys really going to dig this thread up to have it locked or deleted? Really?

After 22 pages previously, I'm not sure this is getting locked anytime soon.

Plus someone asked where this was at so they could read it. As long as folks don't come in here screaming "PERNTS", "Are you guys really going to dig this thread up to have it locked or deleted? Really?", or other zaniness....

:baiting:

I certainly didn't want to see it dug up just to get it locked...

:(

-slym

So did this guy ever complete his collection? What happened to him?

And it doesn't look like the boards have changed all the much. Only thing I'd say, is nobody writes super long responses like they seemingly used too.

In fact, according to Jacob Schneider, responses today, in relation to responses in 2003 (when the CGC first began calculating this), have increased a full 32.56 %, but many believe that although the responses are 'longer,' they in fact have less content......fart and Dck jokes have become the standard of posts...the HDLX calculation have deleted the substance of the post and are now subject to categorizing posters, rather than the content of their posts, this happenned as a result of Robert Maddox in November of 2012

So did this guy ever complete his collection?

Yup, the last book he needed was New Adventures # 26. He could've finished sooner if David T Alexander hadn't doubled the asking price on his for sale copy, once he heard this story, but he eventually did finish. IIRC a Boardie sent him a low grade copy for free? Or was that the Buzzy # 70?

What happened to him?

If you read any of Ian posts, you'll be able to tell he was a self-absorbed egomaniac who cared only about himself. So, after he used this board and its members' hard work and time to complete his goal, what'd he do? He left! I mean, why hang around, he got what he want, end of story :eyeroll: