• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wheels Are In Motion
10 10

310 posts in this topic

lol ...send it Fed Ex or UPS - I hate to see THAT post from Ian if USPS loses it or God forbid it gets delayed at customs foreheadslap.gif

Ian's banshee-like cry will make any situation right;

If it's lost in a sorting facility, Ian's posts will force the USPS, fed-ex, or UPS to fire every employee who worked in any of the facilites that the package enters.

And if the carrier that his package is in crashes somewhere in the ocean between the U.S and the U.K? Well........I hope Vincent has scuba gear handy.

Overstreet says there are two copies of Double Action 1

I think he stated that an ashcan issue of #1 exists. The 2 copies that he refers to immediately after are the #2 issues being in fair and fine condition. He stated earlier that there were 7 known copies with 5 being in high grade. The other two are fair and fine.

all it takes is one deep-pocketed collector with a jones to bump the 'value' of a scarce book up by an order of magnitude.

No, it takes at least two. Sell a book on ebay and if you have one buyer, you get the minimum. If you have two, and they both want it badly, the price can keep going up.

Several people have spoken about other buyers for the book. There are at least three now, Ian, another guy, and a new other guy. Ian is simply the only guy who has talked about wanting it on this message board. This board is not the only game in town.

No, it takes one...If that one is someone like Ian, whose quest is a high priority for him and he has the $ to make it a reality. Then you'll see others coming out of the woodwork trying to cash in, as we've seen already. Some of the other 'buyers' are, in my opinion, partly viewing the value of this book in the light of Ian's interest. Yes, they may want the book themselves, or they may want it with an eye to trading with Ian or selling to him for a quick profit (especially if Metro won't sell it to him). But in any case, it's very possible that Ian's ability to pay 6-10x guide for the book is what's driving the 'market' for this issue, and this copy in particular. In other words, anyone else looking to buy it may be thinking "well, I WAS planning to pay no more than 2-4x guide for it, but if this Ian guy really wants one, and they're really as scarce as they seem to be, I can always sell it to him for more than I paid."

It takes two in an auction; one in a private sale.

And yeah, I'm sure the hype around this books lately has spurred interest. angel.gif

Well, here's an interesting comparison: this DA #2 in G/VG sold for 6x according to the buyer (Ian). That comes to $13,000 or so. There are less Pep 22's in the CGC census, yet somehow I doubt that a G/VG copy of Pep 22 has sold for $12,000 yet..?

I actually own a copy of Double Action Comics #1, but I've been told by Metropolis that they'll pay 20% more than any other offer I receive by anyone, and 30% more than any other offer coming from Great Britain.

Yeah sure, we ALL believe you.

You have your own little cheerleading squad, applauding every sale you make.

Instead of Pom-Poms we cheer by hitting together old CGC slabs from successful resubs, all the while chanting:

"Bob, Bob, he's our man, if he can't get you to pay 8x Guide, no one can"

And frankly, some of us on the squad look better in a skirt then others. G-Man, for instance, just doesn't have the legs for it. 27_laughing.gif

I actually own a copy of Double Action Comics #1, but I've been told by Metropolis that they'll pay 20% more than any other offer I receive by anyone, and 30% more than any other offer coming from Great Britain.

Yeah sure, we ALL believe you.

No seriously. I really do. Are you interested in it?? blush.gif

insane.gif

i left this thread thinking it had finally run it's course last night and then find another frickin' 44 posts here this am!!!!!!

will it ever die???

anyway congrats to BOTH Metro and Ian and to those who helped this along. kinda like a fairytale ending and not as painful to follow as some would opine. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif