• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Lilly Sketch Cover Opportunity

418 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

So Mike has been hard at work on our covers finally. I have gotten 2 images so far.

So As for the update- He has pencils finished on all covers, now he is inking and coloring lots of the covers.

I hope to wrap this up soon...... lol I know I have been saying that all year!

Fallen%20Son%20Captain%20AmericaPunisher%20Color%20Sketch%20Mike%20Lilly%20Low%20Rez.jpg

This is a client book.

This next book I actually feel guilty posting....So I keep bugging Mike for more images and scans etc. and he gives me a scan of my book from the signing. I am like great, I can't exactly post this if I have no client sketches either....So I was happy today when I got this AMAZING punisher sketch......this way I can post my book AND a client book. PS None of these sketch covers go to CGC until everything is done. We are all in it for the long haul together on this one.

One last thing about my next sketchcover. It is one of the coolest covers I have ever owned in my opinion. I am so excited to get this sucker in a slab. Anyways at my signing in the fall with Joe Simon I ended up acquiring a fallen son cover with a rough pencil sketch. I did not know who I should get to ink it. Well long story short I showed the pencils to Mr. Lilly and he told me that he wanted to step up to the plate. Check out the before and after, I think he knocked it out of the park.

Fallen%20Son%20Joe%20Simon%20Pencil%20Sketch%20and%20Signature.jpg

Before

Fallen%20Son%20Mike%20Lilly%20Color%20Sketch.jpg

After

http://picasaweb.google.com/NYComics/MikeLillySketchOpportunity2410#5561147911922784850

Use this link if you want to view in Picasa (highly recommended) There you can zoom in and really see the detail.

Lets hope for more scans!

Best,

Sean