• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for The Buyers Guide back issues from 1980's

7 posts in this topic

Since I kept no records, I often torture myself wondering how much I let my original collection go for when I sold it through The Buyers Guide (now known as CBG, Comic Buyers Guide) back in the early to mid 1980's.

That being said, I was thinking it would be fun to see copies of the For Sale ads that I ran back in those vintage TBG days.

I've contacted publisher Krause Publications and while they are in the process of a gigantic project involving the scanning of back issues to an electronic database, they are a looooong way off from getting to the issues I would want to see.

I know I ran a few ads in Spring of 1984 and a few more throughout 1985-1987, but am unsure of the exact dates. So, I would be interested in any of the issues from 1984 through 1987. Anybody out there still own any of those? :foryou:

My subscription started in 1984 and never ended, I still have every issue, but as far as getting to them it may take me until spring time to round them all up. One of my goals last summer was to organize them but I had other stuff to take care of first. When the weather gets warmer I will search my attic and upstairs rooms to see if I can get them all in one place. I will bookmark this thread so I do not forget. I do not want to get rid of any of my issues but I can scan or photograph them and either post the images or send an email to whoever would find the info useful.

Although I do not post too often, I read these boards every day since discovering this cool site.

My subscription started in 1984 and never ended, I still have every issue, but as far as getting to them it may take me until spring time to round them all up. One of my goals last summer was to organize them but I had other stuff to take care of first. When the weather gets warmer I will search my attic and upstairs rooms to see if I can get them all in one place. I will bookmark this thread so I do not forget. I do not want to get rid of any of my issues but I can scan or photograph them and either post the images or send an email to whoever would find the info useful.

Although I do not post too often, I read these boards every day since discovering this cool site.

You rock! (worship)

Just sent you a PM...