• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should pressing and resto companies be forced to send copies of

44 posts in this topic

And what if they don't send the paperwork? How would anyone tell the difference? If a distinction like that were to be made, there would be a lot of books that were pressed but had no paperwork saying so. As a result, a lot of books that would be claimed as "unpressed", would be pressed.

work done, to CGC as a method of paper trailing work done on books, but are submitted and NEVER DISCLOSED !?

Well?

jeebus - what have you been smokin'????:P

work done, to CGC as a method of paper trailing work done on books, but are submitted and NEVER DISCLOSED !?

Well?

ABSOLUTELY! :gossip:

And if they fail to comply, these people below appear to be quite well-qualified to force them to do so. :sumo:

vic_secret_police.jpg

Well?

CGC doesn't even document defects consistently when grading; this doesn't appear to be do-able within what I've seen. This would only work (assuming CGC could keep track) if folks sent their books straight from pressers to CGC and would have chasms miles wide if a person submits later.

You know I don't really like pressing, and I have been slammed for what people have perceived as some idiotic threads on pressing, but none of those pressing threads comes as close to outright ignorance, and being imbecilic as this one. First of all, CGC is not a government, it can't force any business to do anything. Second of all how the freak are you going to enforce something like this? My pressing threads look like Einstein made them compared to this one.

You know I don't really like pressing, and I have been slammed for what people have perceived as some idiotic threads on pressing, but none of those pressing threads comes as close to outright ignorance, and being imbecilic as this one.

You, sir, understand bunk about the Bunky.

You know I don't really like pressing, and I have been slammed for what people have perceived as some idiotic threads on pressing, but none of those pressing threads comes as close to outright ignorance, and being imbecilic as this one.

You, sir, understand bunk about the Bunky.

Your right I don't, but I know a bad thread when I see one. For all I know he could be a rocket scientist, but it does not change the fact that this was an imbecilic statement. Unlike you I choose to look at the message instead of the messenger. I calls them like I see them.

Well?

ABSOLUTELY! :gossip:

And if they fail to comply, these people below appear to be quite well-qualified to force them to do so. :sumo:

vic_secret_police.jpg

mess, I enlisted in the wrong army.

That's a great idea. here's another. Every dealer should now put a notation on the bag of every book they purchase to inform the buyer how much profit they have made on the book.

i.e.

Purchased off a collection on Craigs List.

Bought 2,000 books for $1,000.00

Average cost for each book is $0.50

I am charging you $19.50 because that is 95% of guide.

My profit $19.00.