• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your comics that should be rare in Overstreet but isn't

44 posts in this topic

rare is one thing...but are these books rare because there is no supply, or because there is no demand (shrug)

There is a definite demand for GCE13. I've only seen a handful of these.

rare is one thing...but are these books rare because there is no supply, or because there is no demand (shrug)

cool...I don't follow it or know anything about it, so good info

I've been involved in comics for many years and other than the scan above I've never seen one.

I've been involved in comics for many years and other than the scan above I've never seen one.

has anyone ever asked you for one (shrug)

How about Rare and should be listed :whistle:

lf.jpg

I've never seen that one. Is it a continuation of a title with a different name?

it was called Triumph comics to issue 25 and Triumph for issue 26 and 27...released by Bell Features only in Canada in the mid 1940's ...not a US release which is why most of us haven't seen or had requested (thumbs u

Most of the later Fox hero books are pretty tough, but this one has to take the cake. Other than mine & Jon Berk's, in 7 years I've only seen one other copy.

80911.jpg

Wow, I have never ever seen this book to date. And I am a "nerd" when it comes to comics and I have researched a ton. I would say rare in deed. And gotta love the hitler cover. The punching hitler in the jaw reminds me of Cap #1 !

lf.jpg

I've never seen that one. Is it a continuation of a title with a different name?

it was called Triumph comics to issue 25 and Triumph for issue 26 and 27...released by Bell Features only in Canada in the mid 1940's ...not a US release which is why most of us haven't seen or had requested (thumbs u

What he said except it is requested by Canadian collectors :hi:

has anyone ever asked you for one (shrug)

No one knows to ask for it. They've never seen it before.

lf.jpg

What he said except it is requested by Canadian collectors :hi:

I think there is a ton of Canadian prints that should be added because there is interesting history behind the reason that they were formed. For example:

"On September 15, 1939 -- shortly after Canada's declaration of war against Germany -- the Foreign Exchange Control Board was established to oversee the rationing of foreign currency, which it did with varying severity until 1951. In December 1940, as Canada's trade deficit with the US grew, and British gold shipments were curtailed, government intervention in the economy broadened with the introduction of the War Exchange Conservation Act. Aimed at countries outside the sterling bloc (sterling bloc countries traded heavily with England and kept their currency at parity with the English pound), it was primarily designed to conserve American dollars by restricting the importation of non-essential goods. Among the items banned were fiction periodicals, a category that encompassed pulps and other newsstand magazines, including comic books. The government had inadvertently laid the groundwork for a Canadian comics industry.

Working independently of each other, four publishers rushed to take advantage of the vacuum created by the sweeping economic legislation. One company, Maple Leaf Publishing, was located in Vancouver, the other three -- Anglo-American Publishing, Hillborough Studios, and Commercial Signs of Canada -- were all based in Toronto. Both Maple Leaf and Anglo-American managed to hit the newsstands with comics by March 1941, while Hillborough and Commercial made their debuts in August and September, respectively. The voracious appetite that Canadian kids had developed for funny books was about to be assuaged by strange new heroes".