• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA - Some early Timely Captain Americas

24 posts in this topic

Well, I've finished shoveling my walk and driveway, but we're still pretty much snowed in here in Philly. Might as well post a few books for sale (shrug) I have a few early Caps for sale today.

Rules

:takeit: trumps PMs and offers.

Shipping

Shipping is $10 in the US for boxed Priority Mail. Insurance is extra and required on these books, and will be the exact cost.

Money Back Guarantee

All books are fully guaranteed. If you're not happy for any reason, I will fully refund your money.

Full Disclosure

None of these books has been pressed.

Captain America Comics #5

VG/F

$2000

Simon & Kirby art. Contains an ad for All-Winners #1. No restoration. Deep, bright colors on the cover. 1 piece of tape on spine from top staple to bottom staple. It looks unnecessary to me and could probably be professionally removed. White line on the middle right edge is not a tear, it's a printing defect. Small, 1/2 inch tear on bottom edge by the Nazi's hand. Pages are off-white to white and have no tears. Book is complete.

CaptainAmerica5_1.jpg

CaptainAmerica5_2.jpg

Captain America Comics #6

VG-

$1000

Simon & Kirby art. Book has slight amateur restoration. Two pieces of tape cover about 3/4 of the spine. There is some light amateur color touch on the spine, on Bucky's stomach, and just to the left of the "T" in "Captain". Several staples have been added as well. Pages are cream colored and a few are missing small 1/2 in corners that do not encroach on the art. Book is complete.

CaptainAmerica6_1.jpg

CaptainAmerica6_2.jpg

Cap6a.jpg

Cap6b.jpg

Captain America Comics #8

G/VG to VG-

$1150

Simon & Kirby artwork. Unbelievable centerfold splash in this one (see pic below)! No restoration, but there is tape the length of the spine, and for about 5 inches on the right edge, and a few small pieces on the first page and at the centerfold. Colors are spectacular on this copy. Pages are off-white. Book is complete.

CaptainAmerica8_1.jpg

CaptainAmerica8_2.jpg

Cap8a.jpg

Cap8b.jpg

Also as a nod to RedFury and whoever buys these books. They may not be MINT but the colors and page quality that good is very tough to find on a GA book in ANY grade. Pages alone make these books highly desirable in my opinion.