• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Book Convention Sunday March 7

29 posts in this topic

The only way you had it in your hand, is if I let you hold it. I only let one person hold it, so I do remember who you are.

So why would you make up a statement of fact, when You could not look through the pages, and it stated First Joker and black cat stories. Also the amount of pages that were missing was not on the label and not even make up a 1/4 of the book, so you are less then truthful in your statement or you were guessing (I want to be fair).

I think you really are trying, way to hard, to downplay what the person won for free, for whatever reason you have, I won't speculate.

And since when is it hard to get estimated value on graded material?

I am not bust 'em on ya, just wonderin'. See me next show, and tell me about the Spider-man we will be giving away, I will scan it for the site.

J-

Im not downplaying anything at all id love to have it and im not fighting with you at all so sorry if its coming across this way but apparently the PGX case doesnt tell much at all since there was alot of the story missing and it didnt state that.You were the one who told me the only story in it was the joker story and it looked very thin in the case to me considering its a 64 page comic. Also i was told from i beleive it was you that its the same book that sold for over a million dollars and i said well that was a TEC #27 and i was told no its Batman #1 so maybe everyones fact are a little off im just telling it like i was told and what i saw.The only thing im wrong about apparently is that the cat story is included wich i didnt state earlier but i have 3 other witnesses that you said only the joker story so i am truly sorry about not saying that instead of 1/3 of the book was there its 2/3

I am sorry if I misunderstood your tone. While PGX dropped the ball on that. We documented the book anyway and had five collectors including myself do an evaluation, and everyone came up with the same grade. I think that it should have stated that more info. The reason we went with PGX is because they do it for free in exchange for advertising.

I did say that the Joker story was complete and may have been misleading. I did not explain more, because I thought it was great that the first Joker story was complete and did not elaborate more. I also did not take photos of the winner and so fourth, but I learn from that.

I will be better prepared for next show.

I think it is better to give a collector a book they may never own or buy rather then spend it on ads in newspapers.

Next time I hope you can win one of the books. but I promise you will be happy at the next show so see me when you come.

While we are at it ask your friends what we should change at the show. Hours, even venue. We are always looking for feedback.

-J

Honestly i think we got off on the wrong foot i never in any of my original posts bashed the book at all someone else did, maybe you thought i was but im sorry if you felt that way to be honest id cut my own arm off for that book so im not saying it isnt cool. Secondly about the show i like it and giving away a batman and spiderman # 1 will sure draw me there and a few others the location is fine i think the only thing is i wished there were a few more vendors cause besides you guys (harrisons i take it) and superworld those are the 2 main reasons i go. I heard alot of dealers seem very angry lol about the sales while i was looking at stuff alot of them were complaining im not sure how to make it better but i hope it does cause even if i go and dont spend a million dollars i love going to the shows regardless. So once again sorry if i offended you cause personally i thought it was extremely cool you let me and my brother look at and hold the book i was pumped and PS could you PM me the next show dates you guys are having thanks again Matt

I know two dealers had something scheduled they had to go to and a third got flooded and lost his stock. The dealers I did not talk to but I know the artists did much better and were happy ( Small press and the main guests ) I do know one dealer did ok but not what he should have.

We do have some exciting things coming up but are waiting til after the BCC show before talking about it.

they should have a great show for the Boston area.

I will let you know what we are doing soon.

-J

What got me about this is what mt1000, who is a personal friend, said about the Batman #1 confusion and the Tec 27. I was staring at the tec 27 before the auction for weeks. If someone tried to tell me it was actually a Batman #1, I would look them in the eyes and tell them they're 100% WRONG.

Not to mention, Batman #1 isn't even close to as valuable as tec 27. So, would I trust someone putting a value on a Batman #1 when they think realistically that a Batman #1 sold for 1million bucks. Short of a 9.8, anyone who thinks a Batman #1 can fetch that much is not someone i'd trust taking advice from on vintage comics!