• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color Comics is back.

13 posts in this topic

Just saw his ad on the CGC website with a brand new website.Welcome back Robert.I havnt seen you in a long time.You sold me my 1st Detective # 27.I think I last saw you in the mid 1990s when you had the Mile High Detective # 27 for sale.

back in the day (early 90's) I recall the "big 3" for GA comic sales...Metro, Showcase NE and 4Color.... when I reentered the collecting market some 5-6 years ago now (my how time flies), only Metro still stood tall ...sure, FCC had some offerings but nothing of "real" consequence and SCNE was now a silver age ebay seller (it appeared to me)

more competition can certainly be a good thing for collectors, but the playing field is so much different today than 20 years ago, I wonder what impact, if any, FCC will have hm

back in the day (early 90's) I recall the "big 3" for GA comic sales...Metro, Showcase NE and 4Color.... when I reentered the collecting market some 5-6 years ago now (my how time flies), only Metro still stood tall ...sure, FCC had some offerings but nothing of "real" consequence and SCNE was now a silver age ebay seller (it appeared to me)

more competition can certainly be a good thing for collectors, but the playing field is so much different today than 20 years ago, I wonder what impact, if any, FCC will have hm

Dont forget Pacific comic exchange and Robert Roter.They were a real force in the 1990s also and pioneered in on line selling.They sold D.K his 8.5 Action # 1 too.I bought loads of goldenage keys from them when they were a real force.In my opinion these online pioneers were the ones that fell the hardest.

Dont forget Pacific comic exchange and Robert Roter.They were a real force in the 1990s also and pioneered in on line selling.They sold D.K his 8.5 Action # 1 too.I bought loads of goldenage keys from them when they were a real force.In my opinion these online pioneers were the ones that fell the hardest.

very true...they did have some great stuff... but I wouldn't do business with them if they offered to sell me an action 1 cgc 9.0 for $1

I heard from Rob yesterday and he sounded very happy. I wish him the best.

Richard

yah I received a pleasant phone message from them Friday advertising their new site (which is really cool)...I remember getting their early B/W catalogs in the mail in 1995 (had the Joker Splash page from Bat 1 on the cover) and was intrigued as a young collector on their inventory...only purchased one book from them (low grade FF 1 in 1995) but the shipping and service was quite quick. :)

very true...they did have some great stuff... but I wouldn't do business with them if they offered to sell me an action 1 cgc 9.0 for $1

Wow ! I quess they had it comming.

Wow ! I quess they had it comming.

I won't make any defaming or slandering comments publicly, but there are quite a few that know what kind of person the owner is (thumbs u