• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee and his announcement?

23 posts in this topic

This just in ................

Stan Lee, World Famous Comic Book & Motion Picture Icon, Confirms Appearance at Anaheim Comic Con 2010 Wizard World Convention

Wizard World Convention welcomes the iconic Stan Lee to the inaugural Anaheim Comic Con. Stan resides in California and is excited to meet fans at an event in what he calls “his backyard.” This announcement is his first since Disney acquired a stake in Stan’s POW Entertainment.

“I’ve been pals with Gareb for 20 years and I’m a big fan of WIZARD magazine and the events he’s running. I’m really looking forward to the Wizard Con and to meeting all the fans—plus, there’s something else!” said Stan. I’m also eager to hear everyone’s reaction when I tell them my two breaking news announcements!”

When asked what the announcements were, he just smiled and said, “Hey, everyone loves surprises!”

Of course, fans will have the opportunity to question Stan about those mysterious announcements and a lot more as part of the Anaheim Comic Con programming. And naturally, the pundit of POW! will also take part in the 100% Cotton Q&A session hosted by WIZARD Editor Mike Cotton. Other programming involving Stan’s appearance will be forthcoming.

“Stan has been a friend and mentor to me,” said Gareb Shamus, Wizard Entertainment CEO. “We have talked about having Stan to our shows for years, and I am finally happy to bring this gift to the fans in Anaheim. This will be a truly memorable experience.”

I got this in my mail box any ideas?? :gossip:

WEBHEAD

He's going back to take charge of all editorial responsibilities at Marvel Comics.

That would be a dream come true :cloud9:

I'm hoping for that too and it's the main reason I'm going to keep holding Disney stock

He's like a living Walt Disney in some ways.

He's going back to take charge of all editorial responsibilities at Marvel Comics.

I'm hoping for that too and it's the main reason I'm going to keep holding Disney stock

I am pretty sure one of the announcements will be something about Disney. :wishluck:

I am pretty sure one of the announcements will be something about Disney. :wishluck:

Well close...

[font:Arial Black]Stan Lee gives himself a role in "Super Seven"[/font]

Wed, Feb 10 2010

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Stan Lee, the Marvel Comics legend and chairman and founder of POW! Entertainment, is creating "Super Seven," a multimedia comic book property in which he will appear as a major character.

At the center of the story are seven aliens whose spaceship crashes, stranding them on Earth, where they are befriended by Lee himself. Taking them under his care, Lee becomes their leader and enables them to resume their lives as superheroes.

"Although I've briefly appeared in other comics, 'Super Seven' is the first time that I'll actually be a continuing character in a far-out, original superhero series," Lee said.

Andy Heyward's recently launched A Squared Entertainment and Archie Comics have partnered with Lee for the project.

"Seven" does not fall under the agreement between POW! and Walt Disney Studios, which this year acquired a 10 percent stake in Lee's company for $2.5 million.

Archie Comics will publish "Seven," and A Squared will focus on developing the project as a TV series and online property as well as handling licensing and merchandising.

The partners are targeting a fall launch in print, online and on TV.

A Squared Entertainment, which Heyward launched last year with wife Amy Moynihan Heyward, is producing several online series with an eye to taking them to TV: "Secret Millionaire's Club," with billionaire Warren Buffett; "Gisele & the Green Team," starring supermodel Gisele Bundchen; and "Martha & Friends," featuring Martha Stewart.

The company this week also announced a partnership with Build-A-Bear Workshop.

Larry