• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christopher Nolan To Head "Superman" Reboot?

32 posts in this topic

Here is my take on what this installment should be about (copied from a post I made on a Volkswagen site, of all places:

After seeing the debacle that Superman Returns was, I figured that the only way to make a sequel that would make any sense would be to introduce Bizarro.

My idea was that the Superman shown throughout the whole movie was actually Bizarro who returned to Earth before the real Superman did. After having encountered/been created by the real Superman somehow out in deep space on his journey, Bizarro came here to see the life he never had. This would explain the non-Superman actions such as spying on Lois, etc.

The beginning of the sequel would have the REAL Superman return and find Bizarro in his place. Bizarro would freak out and assume his real Bizarro form, action and fighting ensues. Superman has to outwit and overpower another being just as powerful as himself...

Here is my take on what this installment should be about (copied from a post I made on a Volkswagen site, of all places:

After seeing the debacle that Superman Returns was, I figured that the only way to make a sequel that would make any sense would be to introduce Bizarro.

My idea was that the Superman shown throughout the whole movie was actually Bizarro who returned to Earth before the real Superman did. After having encountered/been created by the real Superman somehow out in deep space on his journey, Bizarro came here to see the life he never had. This would explain the non-Superman actions such as spying on Lois, etc.

The beginning of the sequel would have the REAL Superman return and find Bizarro in his place. Bizarro would freak out and assume his real Bizarro form, action and fighting ensues. Superman has to outwit and overpower another being just as powerful as himself...

They're not considering the next film to be a sequel of Superman Returns. I doubt they'll reference it in any way.

they probably won't use it, but I like your idea. (thumbs u

It would be much easier to pull a "Dallas" and have Lois Lane awaken from a dream.

My only concern about Nolan taking the helm is, if one were to look at his other films, they were awfully dark and somber...which is the right tone he applied to the Dark Knight series... but for the Superman films, I think he needs to apply more of a light, less serious tone.

I think the Hollywood bigwigs are impressed solely by box office, and since DK made a ton of cash they think that slapping Nolan's name on a Superman movie will give it renewed credibility. Meanwhile, I feel sorry for whoever directs it, as he will be blamed if it's rubbish and ignored if it's great, because if it's great they'll say it's down to Nolan's magic touch.

I can't say Nolan without thinking of Invincible's dad lol

David Goyer and Christopher Nolan wouldn't touch Bizarro with a ten-foot pole; he's too far-fetched. Whatever unique slant they're taking will be highly realistic and psychologically subtle.

Do you think if Nolan is doing Superman then the likelihood of a Superman/Batman movie just increased?

I think it depends who they cast for Superman - if it's an expensive, big-name, then I doubt any studio could afford it.

Yeah, because no one would ever spend $500 million to make a movie... oh wait.