• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing: Signature Services, SSD for all your Signature Series needs!

270 posts in this topic

So does this mean you guys are now all official employees of CGC?
Seriously...is that what it means???

We are not employees of CGC, we will be facilitators for certain events listed within our press release and on our website. Signature Services will be will be working within the current guidelines that CGC has set forth to obtain signatures for people wishing to submit to events we will attend.

So can yall' "witness" a signature or not?

No, they can not. A CGC employee is still required.

Does this include previously signed books?

If you are asking about cracking books for Signature Series again with a signature to be added? As long as a CGC employee is present it should not present a problem. There are of course limitations on our part and each and every book (as it was in the past) will have to be decided upon between the submitter and the facilitator (book value and toughness of signature).

So a CGC employee has to be at every event and witness first hand every book being signed. Is this correct?

So for a one day show someone from CGC has to be flown in is the way I’m taking it. What are the chances of that happening? Slim to none.

Next comment. Mailing books to an artist signing is over I take it.

So a CGC employee has to be at every event and witness first hand every book being signed. Is this correct?

So for a one day show someone from CGC has to be flown in is the way I’m taking it. What are the chances of that happening? Slim to none.

Andrew,

As to #1, one day shows will be very challenging, but not impossible, if the guest list is good enough.

As to #2:

Some signings are being done directly with the artists through the mail with proper legal documents being filled out. These mail away signings are primarily the ones that cracking out previous yellow labels will not work.

Does this include previously signed books?

If you are asking about cracking books for Signature Series again with a signature to be added? As long as a CGC employee is present it should not present a problem. There are of course limitations on our part and each and every book (as it was in the past) will have to be decided upon between the submitter and the facilitator (book value and toughness of signature).

(thumbs u Thanks! Sounds like a lot more work at the show then being able to prep them before. Just more of a reason to appreciate what you guys do!!

Actually, for smaller shows and for shows where CGC won't be set up at a booth is where we will be most valuable.

With the proper amount of submissions facilitated through SSD we will be able to secure and guarantee that a CGC Employee or Contract Authorized Witness will be present for the show for the express purpose of certifying the books submitted through SSD.

If we are accepting subs for a show then chances are pretty much certain that the books will get done as long as the creator who is signing a particular book is available for signing and attends the show.

It's the strength of reputation and strength in numbers of the individual members of SSD and their regular signature clients that are the most valuable. The volume of submissions we can guarantee for a given show will provide the consumer with opportunities for Signature Series books that he may not have otherwise.

Best,

Chris

Andrew,

As to #1, one day shows will be very challenging, but not impossible, if the guest list is good enough.

As to #2:

Some signings are being done directly with the artists through the mail with proper legal documents being filled out. These mail away signings are primarily the ones that cracking out previous yellow labels will not work.

Thanks Sean.

1. What kind of fee will we be paying for the "facilitator" services?

2. Will there be a single point of contact for each show (say, seanfingh) who's responsible for receiving the books, getting them ready for signing, etc - or will this be spread across multiple facilitators?

3. Can you specific which facilitator you want handling your books? Say you've had great re-sub luck with one person previously, and now you want his grubby hands to be the only ones touching your books?

4. I'm assuming that it's no longer possible to do multi-signatures from different shows, like it was previously? All signatures need to come from creators at a single show?

5. What's a "Contract Authorized Witness"?

1. What kind of fee will we be paying for the "facilitator" services?

Our detailed fee structure will be available shortly. We are putting it on the SSD web site and it is comparable with what you were probably paying before and, in the case of some witness fees, perhaps less.

Bottom line you won't be paying more for the facilitation service, and you might save a bit.

2. Will there be a single point of contact for each show (say, seanfingh) who's responsible for receiving the books, getting them ready for signing, etc - or will this be spread across multiple facilitators?

There will be a facilitator designated for each show. In the case of some larger shows there may be more than one. The number of facilitators will be determined by each member's travel logistics and the volume of submissions to SSD.

Facilitators will be determined on a show by show basis, and as much notice as possible will be given to clients to prepare and ship their books.

3. Can you specific which facilitator you want handling your books? Say you've had great re-sub luck with one person previously, and now you want his grubby hands to be the only ones touching your books?

If there is more than one facilitator assigned to a show you will have your choice.

4. I'm assuming that it's no longer possible to do multi-signatures from different shows, like it was previously? All signatures need to come from creators at a single show?

Paul addressed this specifically in his press release regarding the program. Any carry over of books from one show to the next will have to be done by a direct CGC employee.

5. What's a "Contract Authorized Witness"?

Also addressed by Paul, but the short version is, CAWs (for short) are persons entrusted ( on a contract basis, normally for the duration of a show or for a set period of time) to witness signatures for the CGC. Instead of full time employees they are employees under contract for CGC.

This will allow them to be in more locations than otherwise possible.

The full text of Paul's release answers most of this more clearly. I will copy and paste in a moment, if Sean hasn't already.

This is all good news, but guys, tell me where I'm wrong in concluding it's not business as usual. I've contacted two "facilitators" about the possibility of cracking out a SS sketch to be inked at the Mike Carbo show, and basically have been told that it's not going to happen. Since the CAW has to be present when the book is cracked out, that is unlikely to happen until you're at the show, and at that point, there's too much else going on to crack out a book and get it prepped for signing. And it seems like it will be a challenge (and certainly expensive) to get books handed from facilitator to facilitator for multiple signatures. How will books like this, which traveled from coast to coast and overseas and handled by four witnesses, get done in the future and not be cost prohibitive, if they can be done at all?

star_wars_1_ss96_2001.jpg

I wonder how all this will work for specific extra-ordinary events, Hugh Jackman at a movie premier, Obama at a book signing, Angelina Jolie at a charity event, Jack Nicolas at a Lakers game....could there ever be a "witness" to any of these things in the eyes of CGC, if there is no such thing anymore...

People will never be able to start a thread "I need a witness for the local ____ event"..It will be more like "Can someone who works at CGC please attend __ local book store, Sara Palin is making an appearance"....something along those lines will be unheard of now...

This is all good news, but guys, tell me where I'm wrong in concluding it's not business as usual. I've contacted two "facilitators" about the possibility of cracking out a SS sketch to be inked at the Mike Carbo show, and basically have been told that it's not going to happen. Since the CAW has to be present when the book is cracked out, that is unlikely to happen until you're at the show, and at that point, there's too much else going on to crack out a book and get it prepped for signing. And it seems like it will be a challenge (and certainly expensive) to get books handed from facilitator to facilitator for multiple signatures. How will books like this, which traveled from coast to coast and overseas and handled by four witnesses, get done in the future and not be cost prohibitive, if they can be done at all?

star_wars_1_ss96_2001.jpg

This would be something to ask Paul in the Questions and Answers. George if there is a way to do it correctly, we will do it. But Paul would be best to ask!

Will WonderCon be added to list of convention appearances? I would like to get my Brave & the Bold #28 and Justice League of America #1 signed by Murphy Anderson. Let me know. Thanks.

At this point, we are not planning on going to WonderCon. If that changes we will update! Thanks for asking and those books sound beyond awesome! :cloud9:

I wonder how all this will work for specific extra-ordinary events, Hugh Jackman at a movie premier, Obama at a book signing, Angelina Jolie at a charity event, Jack Nicolas at a Lakers game....could there ever be a "witness" to any of these things in the eyes of CGC, if there is no such thing anymore...

People will never be able to start a thread "I need a witness for the local ____ event"..It will be more like "Can someone who works at CGC please attend __ local book store, Sara Palin is making an appearance"....something along those lines will be unheard of now...

This would probably be best asked to Paul in the questions thread. Again, we will work within the new guidelines to assist getting signatures, but I would agree that celebs out and about (not signing at a booth) will be very difficult from now on if not impossible.

At least Celebrity Authentics is joining the fray and that should assist people with some great Celeb signatures!