• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcing: Signature Services, SSD for all your Signature Series needs!

270 posts in this topic

What are the chances of you guys coming to Dragon-con?? So many chances for Sig's all over the place.

I'm not a member of this SSD, but I'll make it a personal goal to make sure that you can get books SS'd at Dragon Con. (thumbs u I had a great time last year and I've already got my tickets...but there are plenty of shows between here and there.

What are the chances of you guys coming to Dragon-con?? So many chances for Sig's all over the place.

I'm not a member of this SSD, but I'll make it a personal goal to make sure that you can get books SS'd at Dragon Con. (thumbs u I had a great time last year and I've already got my tickets...but there are plenty of shows between here and there.

Thank you, i know there are plenty of shows between now and dragon-con, its just hard to get to cons being a single dad, you do not get alot of time for things like this.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Awesome! Good to see everyone being so proactive and keeping the dream alive (thumbs u Seriously though, Thanks to all the "witnesses" who are rolling with the punches and working hard to keep things going smoothly for all us Sig Series fanatics :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

I agree and congrats guys on this new venture! :applause:

George had approached me about getting a penciled sketch inked. I unfortunately declined. The fact is because there is only 1 CAW for the event as far as I know. I also know that it is a 1 day show and we will be incredibly busy and cannot accommodate sketch requests in general. If it were a 3 day show and there were more CAW's I might be a lot more comfortable. Case by case basis I guess.

nice of you guys to be doing this, and hope it works out, but i do see a problem with their new system, if only 1 cgc rep at a show (i know not every show is going to be like this), but some sigs are going to be missed as said person is going to have to run from 1 tabel to another...then the paperwork to be filled out, not all books are going to be signed under a yellow label

i'm sorry to say, but it looks like this new system may cause more headachs then anything.......that and how are sketches going to be handeled, expesialy if the rep has to sit and wait for the sketch to get done, and their are about 3-4 reps at a show, seems to cut down thier manpower at a show

(yes i know you didn't mean it like i'm saying it, but it is a good example)

Thank you, i know there are plenty of shows between now and dragon-con, its just hard to get to cons being a single dad, you do not get alot of time for things like this.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

if you guys guarantee me 200 subs for dragon in order to have a CAW fly in, I will go as a facilitator.

Paul has said he will have employees there to handle the load. Will there be a learning curve? Yes. Will it work out? Yes

learning curve is to be expected, but with them being cgc employes i would hope they have experience doing this already

so hopefully the learning curve isn't to long

So does this mean you guys are now all official employees of CGC?
Seriously...is that what it means???

We are not employees of CGC, we will be facilitators for certain events listed within our press release and on our website. Signature Services will be will be working within the current guidelines that CGC has set forth to obtain signatures for people wishing to submit to events we will attend.

To elaborate further - we refer to ourselves as "facilitators" as that is what we will be doing from now on - since we can't Witness any more we must make things happen to ensure that the books get Witnessed for ourselves and for clients.

A facilitator will (a) accept your books, (b) take care of them and prep them for the show they are attending and © make the deals and arrangements with creators and (d)make sure the CGC employee or CAW is there to watch.

It's not just a case of dropping off a box of books at the booth and letting CGC do the work. The facilitator's job is to make sure that the books get signed, not just hope that the books get signed.

The shows SS/SSD is attending so far have been listed. Appeal if you will to the group to attend a show that isn't on that list but be aware that we have to pay to get ourselves to these events and put ourselves up. We need to know if there's mild interest or serious interest before making that commitment.

I thought Joanna was the boss

That was the purpose for the question mark at the end of the title, my friend.

Who IS the boss?

It is one of life's enduring mysteries, one that was never answered before the Nielsen gods robbed us of the conclusion.

I will say that I'm a little bummed in a way as I always used the SS Witness as a sort of "validation" of peoples' credibility when I sent them books to be signed. For a witness whom I didn't know, this gave me the assurance that this person was legit because CGC backed them and my books would be ok. Seems like CGC is taking a much greater hands off approach with these siggy hunters.

Of course, most every one on the list above has either acquired signatures for me in the past and/or sold me comic-y stuff and have shown themselves to be rockstars. Now, I only hope I still get those sweet siggy deals they USED to offer me now that they've gone corporate. hm

lol

This is all good news, but guys, tell me where I'm wrong in concluding it's not business as usual. I've contacted two "facilitators" about the possibility of cracking out a SS sketch to be inked at the Mike Carbo show, and basically have been told that it's not going to happen. Since the CAW has to be present when the book is cracked out, that is unlikely to happen until you're at the show, and at that point, there's too much else going on to crack out a book and get it prepped for signing. And it seems like it will be a challenge (and certainly expensive) to get books handed from facilitator to facilitator for multiple signatures. How will books like this, which traveled from coast to coast and overseas and handled by four witnesses, get done in the future and not be cost prohibitive, if they can be done at all?

star_wars_1_ss96_2001.jpg

This would be something to ask Paul in the Questions and Answers. George if there is a way to do it correctly, we will do it. But Paul would be best to ask!

I would imagine it happening this way.

Book is cracked out in front of a CGC employee. Signed by whoever is in demand at the show.

If additional signatures are desired, the book accompanies the CGC employee back to CGC and is "stored" until the next show and signing.

Lather, rinse and repeat until all signatures are acquired.

What's it take to become a facilitator? I ask because I noticed facilitators that weren't witnesses in the previous iteration of the program.

Every member of SS/SSD was a witness under the previous program.

I know that CGC is screening and approving facilitators on a case by case basis.

I have not personally noticed any facilitators what were not previously witnesses.