• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernard Baily Spectre page on eBay

114 posts in this topic

This piece would not have sold for 3k 10 years ago. It would have sold for much, much more.

pretty cool

the only thing i dislike is the estimated price.

what would have something like this sold for 10 years ago? If someone thinks the

number is around 3K.. I tend not to like collectible hobbies where the price

multiplies by a factor of 7 in just 10 years. Way too trendy for my tastes in that

case.

otherwise.. once again.. very cool piece of comic art.

good info. i have been trying to get a handle on what has had huge increases

in price over the last 10 years and what has not. It seems, based on your opinion,

that it would have sold for 10K easy. Seeing it sell on ebay for 20K is not very

shocking then. I also consider ebay a good place to get a liquid value for an item

compared to a dealer trying to sell it to make his daily bread. That price is not

liquid to me. Another poster mentioned 75K may be a dealer price. If it sells on

ebay for 25K and then a dealer asks for 50K-75K.. heh, so much for thin margins

in this hobby.

It will be interesting to watch the last minute of this auction!

$12,414

Can I just say I am totally shocked! I never thought it would go that low. Great splash by a key GA artist. I was out once the bidding passed 10k. but man, much lower than I thought. Wonder if a dealer won it?

Has anyone ever seen another golden age Spectre page by Bailey?

It seems incredibly low to me in a market where a two-character Charest commission piece is offered for almost as much. I wouldn't be surprised to see this reappear on Burkey's site for 35k. The low price is probably partially a result of anxiety over sending five figures oversees with Paypal's shaky arbitration policy. This piece in Heritage would have likely been double or more (imho).

In the end, whatever price was paid was well worth it for an amazing piece. Like many others, I have little doubt that we will see it for sale/auction again within the next twelve months and it will sell (or sit) for much more.

It seems incredibly low to me in a market where a two-character Charest commission piece is offered for almost as much.

Five figures for a small commission by who? lol

Just kidding, I think I've almost heard of him.

To me that speaks more about the charest market being incredibly overvalued than it does to this piece

It's not my page, and I don't know whose it is... but it is a beauty!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160401430428

GA art gets little appreciation on the Boards, but in my opinion, for DC art, this is pretty much as good as it gets.

In the OA world you can see a lot of art going for huge money that doesn't really present all that well on a wall, and is unlikely to catch the eye of a non-comics fan.

But this piece does both. You needn't even be a comics fan, or know a lot about the Spectre, the All Star Comics or Bernard Bailey, to find this an eye-catching and intriguing piece of art.

I agree with Rich. The past two days have seen ebay sell two pretty great pieces. First, a Raymond Flash Gordon Sunday sells for nearly 30K and now the Spectre page tops 10K. Pretty god prices considering the doom and gloom with the economy.

S

didn't see the Raymond

do you have a link Steve??

Fischler,

If you are reading this, don't call me to ask for any leads to any art, cause I'm not going to give you any info.

Mitch I.

Why would this statement need to be made in a public forum?

Does Mitch get along with anybody?

it's just old age (by comic years) and burnout from dealing with all these people over the years.. Comics, while sometimes fun, exposes the frailties of people you count as "friends" all too often.. It's one reason I mostly have left comics behind me and moved to movie posters which I find to be a much more fun hobby today

I like Mitch.. but in recent years, I get the feeling he likes me less than he used to fo reasons I don't know.

that's life ain't it!!