• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the rarest book in your collection

135 posts in this topic

Here's another Frazetta. Not all that "valuable," but somewhat unique. This is the only comic other than Thunda #1 in which Frazetta did all the art. Many people don't realize that Frazetta helped Al Capp on L'il Abner for nine years. He also did some work with Harvey Kurtzman on the Little Annie Fanny comic strip in Playboy (now that would be a cool Playboy SS to get).

This book is difficult to find, and only three copies have been graded by CGC, with this one being the highest (the other two are 6.0 and 3.5).

lil_abner_ss85-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

The other CGC 9.8 ss is signed by Gene Colan and is not a pedigree.

And I wish I still had it...

IM1SS.jpg

:o Wow. No misswrap either!!

Man who got those signed and maintained the 9.8 grades?? Those had to have been handled and cared for like a new babies bottom. lol

Here is my entry.

IncredibleHulk_340_SS_9-6.jpg

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

scan0002-1.jpg

The other CGC 9.8 ss is signed by Gene Colan and is not a pedigree.

And I wish I still had it...

IM1SS.jpg

:o Wow. No misswrap either!!

Man who got those signed and maintained the 9.8 grades?? Those had to have been handled and cared for like a new babies bottom. lol

Here is my entry.

IncredibleHulk_340_SS_9-6.jpg

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Chandler you the MAN!!! (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

I'd have to go with this one, it's the only Chris Giarrusso sketch cover I've seen.

cgcsssi1giarruso.jpg

Here's a link to the rest of my SS books. There's quite a few that are top/lone SS census.

http://home.comcast.net/~lscomics/site/?/photos/&PHPSESSID=0965b6b41853cc8f40fc8b3d66f70b71

Peter Palmer had a nice Cap Fallen Son book by Chris. SUCH a cool art style--good pick up!

I'd have to go with this one, it's the only Chris Giarrusso sketch cover I've seen.

Here's a link to the rest of my SS books. There's quite a few that are top/lone SS census.

http://home.comcast.net/~lscomics/site/?/photos/&PHPSESSID=0965b6b41853cc8f40fc8b3d66f70b71

Peter Palmer had a nice Cap Fallen Son book by Chris. SUCH a cool art style--good pick up!

Didn't Chris also do a 'TheWalking Dead 1' homage sketch, it is one of the most, by far, original sketch recreations I have seen on the boards. I saw it in the Comic Book rooms thread a while back, that drawing is just tooooo freakin cool. I am pretty sure the guy that posted it had it framed.... :cool:

I am sure a Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes would be sweet...just look at his stuff..

http://www.chrisgcomics.com/sketch.html

OK....back to rare books in your collection... :)