• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post the rarest book in your collection

135 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what we're supposed to put here. Help me out.

By rarest, are you going by print run? Hard-to-get signature? Hard-to-get sketch? Maybe you're saying rare as in "this is the only DC book Stan Lee ever signed" or "this is the only book that these creators have both signed" or something along that line. Lone census?

I like structure, so let's give some to this thread. With all the changes this week, the SS room could use it. (thumbs u

I don't have anything that is really rare I don't think... but my favorite book is probably my Layton sketch cover :D

ironmanss.jpg

Row 1 (Left to right): Adi Granov (w/ sketch) - Stan Lee - Jon Favreau (Iron Man Director).

Row 2 (Left to right): Bob Layton (sketch cover) - Gabriele Dell'otto & Matt Fraction - Leinil Francis Yu, Gabriele Dell'otto, Mark Morales & Laura Martin.

I have some stuff coming from Dan and Fred in 2 months or so, that will be my best books I own :)

He is looking for you to post the single most or I guess by some post the two most special CGC SS books from your collection. They are special cause those are the most secial to you from your whole collection . I mean It could even be a leifeld book.

Going to edit my post now :)

He is looking for you to post the single most or I guess by some post the two most special CGC SS books from your collection. They are special cause those are the most secial to you from your whole collection . I mean It could even be a leifeld book.

Seen here is a Out of the Shadows # 8 signed by cover artist Jack Katz. Here is a book that is both rare with a rare signature. To the best of my knowledge, it is the only non-EC pre-code horror comic with a "classic" cover that has been Signature Series'ed.

93380.jpg.808cc544d35c3296c13f23c097a09eb8.jpg

I have two books:

TMNT #1 Signed by both Eastman and Laird and includes an interior sketch by Laird (though his signature and sketch weren't verified).

Photo1.jpg

Action Comics #1 Signed by Jerry Siegel

(AND for those of you census chasers, this is the highest graded copy on the census!)

photo-70.jpg

Seen here is a Out of the Shadows # 8 signed by cover artist Jack Katz. Here is a book that is both rare with a rare signature. To the best of my knowledge, it is the only non-EC pre-code horror comic with a "classic" cover that has been Signature Series'ed.

That's great!!! When and where did you that signed by Jack Katz? I would love to get a SS from him.