• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a coverless FF 1 - how can I make sure its the 1961 print and not 1966.

19 posts in this topic

I have an FF 1 that I am pretty darn sure is original. I bought it off ebay in 2004 and was told it was the 1961 original. It looks original but it is missing the front cover (back cover is still there tho!) and want to make sure it is the 1961 not the 1966 before I put it up for sale. How can I be sure it is the original?

Thanks.

If that is the original back cover, then its the first print. My #1 has that back cover and the golden record copy has an ad advertising the golden records. The GRR also doesnt have ads on the interior.

Great! Thanks for the info.

Strange what some people do to comic books.

I fully agree. Bizarre. Cut off the cover to an FF1 and put a red paper "wrap" as a faux cover in place of the old cover. My question is why put something in the cover's place at all. I feel it may have been the work of a kid years ago.

I fully agree. Bizarre. Cut off the cover to an FF1 and put a red paper "wrap" as a faux cover in place of the old cover. My question is why put something in the cover's place at all. I feel it may have been the work of a kid years ago.

Probably to keep the back cover still "attached" to the comic. That looks like plastic wrap to me, not paper.

Probably to keep the back cover still "attached" to the comic. That looks like plastic wrap to me, not paper.

I really do not know the correct term for it is, but it's shape like a regular piece of paper dimension wise, but it is red and is a "wrap" and it is stuck in some areas to the front page. Plastic wrap is a good description for it. But it is not like kitchen plastic wrap but like an arts and craft wrap type "plastic paper." Trying to figure out what they used to stick it with.

And I guess it is good so the back cover wasn't lost. But it is still an annoyance to have it stuck to the first page. Maybe I will be brave and attempt to remove it.

I would be careful trying to take it off yourself. The book has had enough damage done to it already.

Can you send it to be restored professionally?

I'm not gonna fool with sending it in or getting it restored. Like I said I have had this book since late 2004 - so just shy of 6 years. In which time I have searched far and wide for a front cover but to no avail - so now to eBay it goes!

If anyone is interested I have listed this for sale on eBay.

Isn't this the second time in a week you use a "question" to try and send people to your ebay sales ?

LINK

A bunch of people asked you not to do this last time, there's a specific area for advertising your sales on other venues.

If anyone is interested I have listed this for sale on eBay.

Isn't this the second time in a week you use a "question" to try and send people to your ebay sales ?

LINK

A bunch of people asked you not to do this last time, there's a specific area for advertising your sales on other venues.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3787157#Post3787157 (thumbs u