• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I would love to. The 9.2 is a really nice book and is much malligned for various reasons but whoever it sells to they will have a gigantic silver age book that is only matched by maybe two dozen books and maybe only 10 other DC silver age books.

How about four people chip in for it and each one of us can have possession for one season of every year.

+1 :banana:

It's funny you suggest that. I had the crazy idea in the 90s of getting 20 people to buy a Ferrari 328/308 together and everyone would get it two weeks per year. We would share costs, limit mileage, and it would be really cool.

It was my version of Kramerica.

They have a car club downtown NYC, pay an annual fee and get to drive Porches, Ferraris, Rolls-Royces, Lambos, Maseratis, Corvettes, Vipers and even some exotics like the Tesla - working downtown I see the cars all the time.

Certainly more on CL, probably not much more on Ebay.

He needs to wait a year, for me to be ready.

How about the 9.2 :insane:

How about a 10 year installment plan (shrug)

The trouble when you have a very expensive product to sell is that the potential customer pool is very small. If ever you need the money, you can't just put the book on ebay. Having people says they buy the book and having people pay for it, it's different. And once you break the 10k barrier, it's becoming tough

I think the barrier becomes more difficult when you hit 25K. I think at the 10K mark if it is a key there are plenty of buyers. I don't think there is any issue selling a SC 4 8.0 and below if you sell at GPA prices. Comic Link had one two years ago that showed up in the general section and it was gone at asking price within two hours. I did not even get a chance to lowball the seller.

I think the barrier becomes more difficult when you hit 25K. I think at the 10K mark if it is a key there are plenty of buyers. I don't think there is any issue selling a SC 4 8.0 and below if you sell at GPA prices. Comic Link had one two years ago that showed up in the general section and it was gone at asking price within two hours. I did not even get a chance to lowball the seller.

10K is the point most will start thinking and 25K is really hard to swallow. Did you recall what was the PQ for that SC4 8.0?

10K is the point most will start thinking and 25K is really hard to swallow. Did you recall what was the PQ for that SC4 8.0?

Old label OW. A little bit of a miswrap.

Old label OW. A little bit of a miswrap.

Thanks. (thumbs u

10k is pretty easy to sell on a major key. i once had a buyer do a local pick-up for 15k book at my work in cash. i did the transaction during my lunch break at work cause theres no way i would have done it my home