• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

What is the deduct for writing on the front cover and a tear on the back cover?

If you check here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=I showflat&Number=3930313

Gemma said:

Any book which is submitted with a signature on the front cover which is of a high grade will received the Green, Qualified label and the signature will not affect the CGC grade in any way. The green Qualified label will state that there is a name written on the cover and what the grade of the book would be if the signature were ignored. If the book has a signature on the front and is of a low grade it will receive a Blue, Universal label and the signature will affect the grade of the book (depending on the size, how much it disrupts the cover etc.). If the signature is on the interior of the book only, then it will receive a Blue Universal label regardless of grade and the signature will affect the grade of the book (less than if it were on the cover, however).

As for the tear in the back, I would say it is consistent with the 4.0 grade.

It may go down to 3.5.

If you check sales during the last two months on Comiclink and GPA number, I would not spend more than 1500$ for this book

Well that does not leave too much room to go on this book.

What's interesting is that they seem pretty well preserved. It looks like the guy stored them nicely. Unfortunately, he read them 200 times. They have good colors. The back covers look pretty white and the pages look decent as well.

What's interesting is that they seem pretty well preserved. It looks like the guy stored them nicely. Unfortunately, he read them 200 times. They have good colors. The back covers look pretty white and the pages look decent as well.

I agree with your assessment (thumbs u

Same here...very solid 3.5-4.0 copy. Now...who's going to be a new member here. hm

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Same here...very solid 3.5-4.0 copy. Now...who's going to be a new member here. hm

Or multiple copy owner?

Or multiple copy owner?

hm:baiting:

Multiples would be nice but I have too many books on my want list, even though it is a grail book.

Ditto. I try to hold onto dupes, but there is always another book I want more than a dupe of one I already have.

The Savannah copies of Showcase #4, 8 & 13 have been posted on Heritage :whee:

The #13 has a different blue background then I seen on any others hm

Anyone ever seen this coloration?

From the scan, the Showcase 4 is a soft 6.0. (shrug)

Nice enough for me :whee:

Multiples would be nice but I have too many books on my want list, even though it is a grail book.

Great to have the collection more complete than just one book. :)

Showcase22gr1959, you finally upgraded your signature line. Nice to see this 8.5

:cloud9:

Great to have the collection more complete than just one book. :)

Showcase22gr1959, you finally upgraded your signature line. Nice to see this 8.5

:cloud9:

I know some people don't like signature line. I like to change them once in a while since it get's boring time to time. Now, when are you going to display those cool stuff. ;)

From the scan, the Showcase 4 is a soft 6.0. (shrug)

That may be, but the colors are quite strong. I'd suffer with it :grin: