• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

the savannah copy looks great. But it will be at premium price.

I hope one of the guys here win it so that we can get an under copy on the market.

I keep asking everybody and I can't find any copy :sorry:

Between showcase 4 and BB85, I start to think that they run away from me doh!

It's a pedigree sold at Heritage. :sumo:

Where is that Savannah copy of Showcase #4, I can't seem to find it anywhere on Heritage's site hm

They should spend some of that loot they make on a new web interface. It's pretty lame.

I would imagine soon on Heritage since they're handling the Savannah collection. Here's the CGC link. (thumbs u

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=1883&

Great! Thanks for that. I may not have the coin for it, but I DO want to keep an eye on it.

Maybe the buyer will have an under-copy to sell that better fits my budget :grin:

You'll never know if you don't put in that bid. ;)

It's a pedigree sold at Heritage. :sumo:

Where is that Savannah copy of Showcase #4, I can't seem to find it anywhere on Heritage's site hm

They should spend some of that loot they make on a new web interface. It's pretty lame.

I would imagine soon on Heritage since they're handling the Savannah collection. Here's the CGC link. (thumbs u

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=1883&

Great! Thanks for that. I may not have the coin for it, but I DO want to keep an eye on it.

Maybe the buyer will have an under-copy to sell that better fits my budget :grin:

You'll never know if you don't put in that bid. ;)

:whistle:

Congrads (thumbs u

That was probably one of the nicer 4.5's I've seen and by the general lack of sales,

perhaps among the nicer Showcase #4's that's exchanged hands in recent years.

I didn't know where I had seen it, but I remember those stamps hm

I think that Showcase #4 looks pretty decent, but I question whether it would grade much higher than the one I have.

Although the PQ looks pretty decent. It looks like an OO set to me.

What does anyone think it'd grade?

It looks well read, the spine has a lot of wear on it. CGC doesn't always grade the spine very well, sometimes they hardly deduct for a bad spine. If it doesn't have any restoration like a color touch, I'd suggest CGC would be near 4.0 blue. The spine is worse than the cover appearance, a better spine would bring that up closer to a 6.0 Fine. The seller's description supports this, he calls it a VG.

I think that Showcase #4 looks pretty decent, but I question whether it would grade much higher than the one I have.

Which grade is the one you have?

Which grade is the one you have?

First post in the club. Bob has a blue 4.5. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

It looks well read, the spine has a lot of wear on it. CGC doesn't always grade the spine very well, sometimes they hardly deduct for a bad spine. If it doesn't have any restoration like a color touch, I'd suggest CGC would be near 4.0 blue. The spine is worse than the cover appearance, a better spine would bring that up closer to a 6.0 Fine. The seller's description supports this, he calls it a VG.

Does look like a 4.0. Tell me about it...CGC is harsh on the spine wear. My SC22 5.0 got hit because of spine wear. Assuming nothing else is wrong with it, that SC4 is a solid copy.

First post in the club. Bob has a blue 4.5. (thumbs u

I wish :P you had me doing a double-take lol

Mine is a 4.0 LT/CR. It's probably too close to call for me to bid on that raw to try to upgrade (shrug)