• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Sure seems like someone got a fine deal on the Showcase 4

No doubt. If I weren't in some financial unpleasantness I would have bought it at that price. It'll probably be a while before I see one that nice looking that I could afford. Especially if it were the removable type of CT.

I've been bummed all day. :( I wish it was mine...

Unlike Charlize Theron, there will be another just like it or better ;)

Seriously, everything happens for a reason. A next one will be even better :wishluck:

Cheer up (thumbs u

There is no reason to take a risk on ungraded books. I find my wants amongst the slabs is more than resources.

That's the problem with buying raw books on Ebay, more hassle than reward most of the time.

And that's when you receive them. I bought two raw SA batman on ebay. They guy said is gonna ship two weeks ago and he doesn't reply to my message anymore, no tracking number, no books either :sorry:

People here are much more reliable.

You can always send it back express mail the day you receive it. (thumbs u

Too much hassle, for what it's worth (shrug) besides, I'm not confident in my own ability to determine if there was resto or not, so most likely I would have to send it out.

I just read in another thread that the seller recycles cdpaoli, bijoubaby books, which is to say, restored books sold by scammers, so likely it's best I lost the auction.

There is no reason to take a risk on ungraded books. I find my wants amongst the slabs is more than resources.

That's the problem with buying raw books on Ebay, more hassle than reward most of the time.

And that's when you receive them. I bought two raw SA batman on ebay. They guy said is gonna ship two weeks ago and he doesn't reply to my message anymore, no tracking number, no books either :sorry:

I assume your books are coming to you by oversea, so I would expect some delays may occur due to custom. If it was shipped with tracking...there is no reason not to provide them to you. If it's a higher value book, the seller should have shipped it by express mail or priority mail with tracking. Also, I heard registered mail is the safest, since it's being carefully handled and tracked by the post office. Now, a respond from the seller will be good business conduct. :wishluck:

You can always send it back express mail the day you receive it. (thumbs u

Too much hassle, for what it's worth (shrug) besides, I'm not confident in my own ability to determine if there was resto or not, so most likely I would have to send it out.

I just read in another thread that the seller recycles cdpaoli, bijoubaby books, which is to say, restored books sold by scammers, so likely it's best I lost the auction.

This definitely states the risk of buying books raw on Ebay. On another positive note, my SC22 6.0 white pager was bought raw on Ebay. I had made sure the seller took returns, if I found out the book have resto or missing pages. All and all, there are some good deals out there, but graded books will bring more confident to the buyer and the seller.

Don't get me wrong, I've found some real treasures raw on ebay. It's just gotten harder to find them lately. Could be more people looking, bidding up the raw, albeit riskier auctions. In truth, I've only ever bought one book that had (undisclosed) restoration, and it wasn't a high-grade or expensive book. I even bought a raw GA book that turned out to be CGC's highest graded copy.

I assume your books are coming to you by oversea, so I would expect some delays may occur due to custom. If it was shipped with tracking...there is no reason not to provide them to you. If it's a higher value book, the seller should have shipped it by express mail or priority mail with tracking. Also, I heard registered mail is the safest, since it's being carefully handled and tracked by the post office. Now, a respond from the seller will be good business conduct. :wishluck:

I am pretty sure he didn't ship them. They was supposed to be shipped to Florida with insurance and tracking. I told the guy that if he doesn't reply by Saturday, I will open a case. I don't know why people doesn't reply to messages on ebay. I sell a lot of products on ebay. Sometimes, people pay months late but at least they let me know.

I am pretty sure he didn't ship them. They was supposed to be shipped to Florida with insurance and tracking. I told the guy that if he doesn't reply by Saturday, I will open a case. I don't know why people doesn't reply to messages on ebay. I sell a lot of products on ebay. Sometimes, people pay months late but at least they let me know.

That aint cool. :wishluck:

While the Savannah pedigree Showcase #22 8.0 OW in the recent Heritage auction seems to have gotten all the attention, the more modestly graded SC #4 6.0 OW was bid up pretty high too with a closing bid + Heritage's infernal buyers-premium reaching $8,663.75.

While the Savannah pedigree Showcase #22 8.0 OW in the recent Heritage auction seems to have gotten all the attention, the more modestly graded SC #4 6.0 OW was bid up pretty high too with a closing bid + Heritage's infernal buyers-premium reaching $8,663.75.

Quite impressive. It sure makes the other SC4 6.0 that sold on Ebay overpriced.

Quite impressive. It sure makes the other SC4 6.0 that sold on Ebay overpriced.

I'm glad you brought that up. I completely forgot about that book. Dec-02-2010 $9,995 Cert# 0635098001 according to GPA. The 7.5 came to market right after it, and stole the spotlight. I read back and we were all pretty leery of that particular copy and the price. But yes, in comparison (and with the pedigree bump in value) the one that sold yesterday was a much better price, even with the "juice".

Timing just sucked for me (shrug) . . . again.