• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Of course the buyer assures us that the restoration work "doesn't detract anything away from this beautiful comic."

Yeah right, it doesn't detract anything, except maybe the value lol

I remember seeing the SC4 9.2 auction on Ebay bidding up to the north of almost 80K with reserve not met over four years ago. I think selling earlier in the 80K at that time would prove a wise choice and there are better opportunities out there. Holding out for 100K make sense now. At least the SC4 9.2 is a better investment than investing in the housing sector at the peak. Now, the worst scenario is having either the 9.4 or 9.6 comes to the market with soft prices, then this will hurt the 9.2. A Flash movie might possibly change that though.

+1

The CGC 9.2 is most certainly a six figure book at this time. (thumbs u

Based on what?

The asking price (shrug)

lol

Based on that it is worth at least that amount. The CGC 9.6 sold for $180k or so, and the CGC 9.4 sold for $160k or so. The CGC 9.2, which is the next in line and none are close to it, is worth at least low six figures. I would bank on it.

Congrats Mark.

I remember seeing the SC4 9.2 auction on Ebay bidding up to the north of almost 80K with reserve not met over four years ago. I think selling earlier in the 80K at that time would prove a wise choice and there are better opportunities out there. Holding out for 100K make sense now. At least the SC4 9.2 is a better investment than investing in the housing sector at the peak. Now, the worst scenario is having either the 9.4 or 9.6 comes to the market with soft prices, then this will hurt the 9.2. A Flash movie might possibly change that though.

+1

The CGC 9.2 is most certainly a six figure book at this time. (thumbs u

Based on what?

The asking price (shrug)

lol

Based on that it is worth at least that amount. The CGC 9.6 sold for $180k or so, and the CGC 9.4 sold for $160k or so. The CGC 9.2, which is the next in line and none are close to it, is worth at least low six figures. I would bank on it.

Congrats Mark.

Based on the selling price its a $100k book.

Congrats Mark

Just in case if others haven't received this news. Congrats Mark!

:news: Mark Zaid of EsquireComics.com and ComicConnect.com are reporting the sale of a CGC-certified NM- 9.2 copy of Showcase #4 featuring the first appearance of Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash for $100,000.

:news: Mark Zaid of EsquireComics.com and ComicConnect.com are reporting the sale of a CGC-certified NM- 9.2 copy of Showcase #4 featuring the first appearance of Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash for $100,000.

Wow :o

Double-congrads (thumbs u

Faith in humanity has once again been restored. :golfclap:

:golfclap: All I wanted was some empirical evidence!

Thank god this book will now finally be off the grid.

And over fives years later for it to happen. :golfclap:

Congratulations, Mark!

Now what was your buy price again? I'd like to figure out the annual return on that puppy.

Consider that, due the 2008 crash, the S&P 500 is up less than two percent total from 2006.

Thanks everyone! I'm very happy with this sale and must thank Metropolis for joining forces and pulling this off! Great job on their part!!!

See Tim, now I can buy lotttttttsssss of cups of coffee!! :baiting::hi:

Congratulations, Mark!

Now what was your buy price again? I'd like to figure out the annual return on that puppy.

Consider that, due the 2008 crash, the S&P 500 is up less than two percent total from 2006.

I paid $62,500 for it sometime in 2004. What does that work out to be?

Congrats Mark. Now tell us what you plan to buy with the proceeds? Must a be a nice Church More Fun or two that your after? :popcorn:

Good question. I wish I could say More Funs were worth the investment nowadays! :cry:

Alas, the funds are likely going to simply pay for routine expenses in the household.

Although I did at least buy an inexpensive copy of More Fun #82 as I needed that copy to be one step closer to completing the run.

Great news!

Does anyone have to eat their shorts because of this? :popcorn:

Great news!

Does anyone have to eat their shorts because of this? :popcorn:

The buyer might want to after he`s told that the book has been available for a lot less since 2004.