• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I just privately sold 3 copies of sc 4 , definitely renewed interest

Yep. Will be interesting to see how Flashpoint & DC reboot realigns vintage interests. I bet there'll be a B&B 28 surge as well.

Bb28 surge was last year (thumbs u

I know right. The cover is like we say here in Brooklyn, "butta" but the PQ is LT/OW. I took the trade off on PQ to get the best copy of a cover I adore. Someday, I may find a 5.0 that measures up. The problem is many have worse covers than my 4.0.

Not a bad problem to have I guess :blush:

I resubbed an old label AF #15 and got a PQ bump :baiting:

Some great deals in those them thar old labels that get PQ bumps. :preach:

You did send the book back in raw to regrade right? They don't review PQ any longer, I was told last month. The only way now to have them possibly change anything is by a full regrade. I was asking because I was having about ten old label books reholdered.

It can get expensive to pay for a whole new grading of some high end books. Night,

Actually, Come to think of it, the book was raw, i.e. cracked out, when CGC got it

Since this thread has been dormant for more than the last couple of weeks, I thought I'd inject new life into it.

Here are a couple of new books I just acquired that will look great next to the Showcase #4 (CGC 3.5 CR-OW) that I already have .......

$(KGrHqUOKicE36iDcUwzBN+nwt8(5!~~0_3.JPG

$(KGrHqUOKj0E2--9rVYBBN6YQ-h+2Q~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqMOKi8E3ZEg2YezBN9-ymzuYQ~~0_3.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKjwE2I0Binq2BNr5ezzI)g~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!ksE2I4LseFQBNt0OES)+w~~_3.JPG

I hate you for that Showcase 14.

I was set to bid when my computer battery died and it took three minutes to boot back up. Thought you got the 14 for a steal. I was planning to bid a full $100 more than the ending price.

Waaaaahhh! The poor little battery died on you? :cry:

Serves you right to risk using a laptop instead of a desktop PC for such critical, time-sensitive moments! :baiting:

And what? Only a mere $100 more ????? :baiting:

Seriously though, if it's any consolation, you would've still had to bid more than that. My maximum bid was almost $200 more than the ending price, and even then I was still unsure whether it was enough to ward off any last-second rival bidders!

Yes. I'm well aware of the OSPG values for all those early Showcase issues with the Flash. Since prices have barely moved (if at all) between the 39th to 41st editions, it seems now is an ideal time to buy them at bargains.

BTW. I thought I got the SC#8 for a steal as well, even though there was no price movement at all for this book in the new OSPG#41.

Yah, that #14 is a tough one. As are pretty much all of the SC Flashes it seems.

That 4.5 was one of the better copies to come along recently. Nice (thumbs u

Thanks for the compliments guys! :acclaim:

BTW, it seems that I've been buying mostly DC's recently. I suppose this is mainly due to having already acquired all of the major SA Marvel keys (except for Sgt. Fury#1, a tough one lately!). I thought it best to get the Marvels out of the way first, then concentrate on the major DC keys (about halfway there).

Waaaaahhh! The poor little battery died on you? :cry:

Serves you right to risk using a laptop instead of a desktop PC for such critical, time-sensitive moments! :baiting:

And what? Only a mere $100 more ????? :baiting:

Seriously though, if it's any consolation, you would've still had to bid more than that. My maximum bid was almost $200 more than the ending price, and even then I was still unsure whether it was enough to ward off any last-second rival bidders!

Yes. I'm well aware of the OSPG values for all those early Showcase issues with the Flash. Since prices have barely moved (if at all) between the 39th to 41st editions, it seems now is an ideal time to buy them at bargains.

BTW. I thought I got the SC#8 for a steal as well, even though there was no price movement at all for this book in the new OSPG#41.

Thanks--it is consolation to know I would have lost anyway. I bought a 3.0 Showcase # 4 about six months ago right before the book started heating up again, and am now looking to slowly acquire the other three (although the two copies of # 13 in tomorrow's C-Link auction are a) too rich for my blood and b) already bid over GPA.

Yes, I saw those two copies of SC#13 on C-Link's focused auction which just ended today. The ending prices for the 7.5 and 7.0 (both have CR-OW pages) were way more than I'm willing to fork out.

I find it's quite tough nowadays to come across any of those Flash SC's in even mid-grades, let alone high-grades, especially for GPA / FMV. It seems only in the lower grades can one possibly still acquire them at bargains.

Hi guys

With the tsunami and other recent troubles, I have been out of the comic business but now a SC#4 is definitively my highest priority. :sumo:

hm