• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Fist time for me to own a complete Showcase 4. :cloud9: I once own a coverlesss cover back in 1989. This book complete my top three DC SA keys.

showcase475.jpg

You must be rich Rich.

Very very nice, my son Bryan will be so jealous! Gorgeous undervalued key DC '56 comic book! :hi::banana:

Thanks all! :acclaim: I almost lost it because my phone was out of battery while I was on the road. doh! Luckily, I went to a bagel store and the nice owner let me charge it for a few minutes and then I put a bid in the last ten minutes. I never looked at the auction till I came home. I guess it was meant to be.

Thanks all! :acclaim: I almost lost it because my phone was out of battery while I was on the road. doh! Luckily, I went to a bagel store and the nice owner let me charge it for a few minutes and then I put a bid in the last ten minutes. I never looked at the auction till I came home. I guess it was meant to be.

Did you buy a dozen bagels from him? :banana:

Did you buy a dozen bagels from him? :banana:

Actually I bought two single and he helped me move his line up tables (closing up) so I can charge my phone in the wall outlet. I'll come back there again and buy a baker's dozen and put some tip in the jar. :hi:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Tell me were they cinnamon- raisin or everything? (shrug)

I want whatever you were havin'

Seriously dude I am jealous.

I too made the critical error of not making a go for that 7.5 on eBay last year, but like someone said, you never know how high the other bidder will go. Then there was the savannah copy, which was right in my sweet spot both in grad and price. doh!

I don't know what the one went you got sold for - missed the party- but I wouldn't have been a playa right now anyway. The boat for showcase 4 seems to be rapidly sailing. I may have, like with SC #22, come back to the party late. Glad I at least got one before the proverbial lock :grin:

But I could be wrong :wishluck:

Fist time for me to own a complete Showcase 4. :cloud9: I once own a coverlesss cover back in 1989. This book complete my top three DC SA keys.

showcase475.jpg

Would they be Showcase#4, Showcase#22 and B&tB#28 ??

Congrats as well!

Tell me were they cinnamon- raisin or everything? (shrug)

I want whatever you were havin'

Seriously dude I am jealous.

I too made the critical error of not making a go for that 7.5 on eBay last year, but like someone said, you never know how high the other bidder will go. Then there was the savannah copy, which was right in my sweet spot both in grad and price. doh!

I don't know what the one went you got sold for - missed the party- but I wouldn't have been a playa right now anyway. The boat for showcase 4 seems to be rapidly sailing. I may have, like with SC #22, come back to the party late. Glad I at least got one before the proverbial lock :grin:

But I could be wrong :wishluck:

This 7.5 is the same one on Ebay. I guess the buyer decided to consign it to Comic Connect. The Savannah was a nice book for the grade and the price was reasonable and would been a good copy for you. :cry: I think a boardie owns that copy. At least you are cover it all fronts. ;)