• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Showcase 4 is the KING of DC SA. (worship)

all hail the king (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Anyone in need of one should take a look at the sweet copy GAtor has for sale in the marketplace :gossip:

Saw that 4.0...go for it. Maybe Gator will take extra mula and your copy. C'mon Gator whatcha say for Bob.

You sir, are a trouble-maker lol

Okay...straight trade. :headbang:

Showcase 4 is the KING of DC SA. (worship)

all hail the king (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Anyone in need of one should take a look at the sweet copy GAtor has for sale in the marketplace :gossip:

Saw that 4.0...go for it. Maybe Gator will take extra mula and your copy. C'mon Gator whatcha say for Bob.

You sir, are a trouble-maker lol

Okay...straight trade. :headbang:

Yipee :banana:

The book has very low supply. You never see more than a few offered each year about 6.0. Somehow that has not driven prices which is still good for me. Thanks to Rick for selling my undercopy.

I had 9 copies for sale at heroes con last year. 6 by the time I got to SDcc. 4 at NYcc. And only 2 at megacon his year. So the book is a consistent seller (thumbs u

That 6.0 that sold in last night's c-link auction was nearly $3k shy of the the last sale in 2010 on GPA ($6,850).

The 4.0 was low at $3500 as well, but it too had like a half-inch a chunk out of the front cover.

Was it the blemishes on the cover that kept them both low? (shrug)

Price are definitely softer this time around. In the club, it was mention that the 6.0 had a FMV of $7-8K. The GPA high of 6.0 $10K and the Savannah Pedigree 6.0 sold for above $8.5K. I agree, the piece missing hurt the price for the 4.0. (shrug)

That 6.0 that sold in last night's c-link auction was nearly $3k shy of the the last sale in 2010 on GPA ($6,850).

The 4.0 was low at $3500 as well, but it too had like a half-inch a chunk out of the front cover.

Was it the blemishes on the cover that kept them both low? (shrug)

That would be my guess. I shyed away from them because of that.

The 6.0 that sold last night did not have nearly the eye appeal as the last two. But I did notice that SC 4 out paced the SC 22s last night. I think the talk of SC 22 passing SC 4 has come to end for the near future anyway. I'm just disappointed that the harder to get DC books have not anywhere kept pace with the more plentiful Marvel keys.

I agree about the eye appeal. I think if it was a bit better the price would have gone up consederably.

The good thing about this downturn in prices is it makes it more affordable to get a decent book.

I could sell one Marvel key and buy a few DC's with the money. And then just wait for them to take off. :wishluck:

The 6.0 that sold last night did not have nearly the eye appeal as the last two. But I did notice that SC 4 out paced the SC 22s last night. I think the talk of SC 22 passing SC 4 has come to end for the near future anyway. I'm just disappointed that the harder to get DC books have not anywhere kept pace with the more plentiful Marvel keys.

Totally agree - and SC4 is one of my favorite books (and definitely my fav SA DC Key)......

There was a very decent looking CGC 6.0 CR/OW Showcase #8 that closed at $2215 on eBay. It probably would have been higher if I remembered to bid :flamed:

Why are there so few decent copies of DC silver age keys? They seem to sell when they come up. So why aren't more offered for sale? Are they being hoarded for some diabolical purpose? It's a little annoying that so few decent copies come up for sale.

There was a very decent looking CGC 6.0 CR/OW Showcase #8 that closed at $2215 on eBay. It probably would have been higher if I remembered to bid :flamed:

Why are there so few decent copies of DC silver age keys? They seem to sell when they come up. So why aren't more offered for sale? Are they being hoarded for some diabolical purpose? It's a little annoying that so few decent copies come up for sale.

They were read to pieces before people realized they would be worth a whole lot.

(thumbs u

. . . and a cover less copy of SC #4 went for a respectable $355 on eBay as well. Some one will be in the market for a repro-cove :eyeroll:

doh! cant believe I missed this I totally would have bid on that. My LCS owner has a cover lol.

Edited by dscott

. . . and a cover less copy of SC #4 went for a respectable $355 on eBay as well. Some one will be in the market for a repro-cover :eyeroll:

doh! cant believe I missed this I totally would have bid on that. My LCS owner has a cover lol.

Wow, a cover. That is really amazing.

He (or a customer) probably bought the book :eek:

They were read to pieces before people realized they would be worth a whole lot.

(thumbs u

Yeah but people read Marvel's too.

There are so many HG copies vs DC?

Was Marvel's circulation that much higher?

(thumbs u

Yeah but people read Marvel's too.

There are so many HG copies vs DC?

Was Marvel's circulation that much higher?

I wondered about that and have no idea, although there is the argument than by the early-mid 1960's people were taking better care of their books. By then early DC keys had already been around a few years longer than FF #1.

In the case of Showcase #4 it was nearly a decade.