• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2017 at 8:03 PM, SC22 said:

The SC4 CGC 8.5 with white pages sold for 145 260$.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/059312/showcase-4-cgc-85-w

And now it’s on sale with Heritage. It’s funny how fast these books get resold sometimes.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-4-the-flash-dc-1956-cgc-vf-85-white-pages/a/7169-91049.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

And now it’s on sale with Heritage. It’s funny how fast these books get resold sometimes.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/showcase-4-the-flash-dc-1956-cgc-vf-85-white-pages/a/7169-91049.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Must be a dealer who is trying to flip it. A true collector will very rarely sell that fast unless something bad happened in their life shortly after buying it and they need the funds.

Just curious can Heritage buy a book and then sell it threw their own auction house and if the book does not sell for a profit simply put it aside for a later date?

Edited by SC22

On 10/30/2017 at 1:50 AM, SC22 said:

Must be a dealer who is trying to flip it. A true collector will very rarely sell that fast unless something bad happened in their life shortly after buying it and they need the funds.

Just curious can Heritage buy a book and then sell it threw their own auction house and if the book does not sell for a profit simply put it aside for a later date?

It happens all the time, so many of these dealers pump their own book's in these different auctions to try to get their price.  Sometimes even reporting these self sales to GPA along the way. Then its relisted in other auction spots with a little GPA behind it. Very hard to find a straight auction.

7 hours ago, paul747 said:

It happens all the time, so many of these dealers pump their own book's in these different auctions to try to get their price.  Sometimes even reporting these self sales to GPA along the way. Then its relisted in other auction spots with a little GPA behind it. Very hard to find a straight auction.

That is good to know but sad for the hobby!!

Hi club members. Was hoping someone could answer a question for me. 

I have a raw showcase 4 being offered to me and according to comic database it's a 32 page book which is the total page count of this comic. Can someone confirm that there is no centerfold/pin-up that is in the middle of the book that wouldn't count towards the total 32 page count?

thanks for any assistance. 

1 hour ago, Rezin1234 said:

Thanks for confirming. Going to pull the trigger. 

I will be the ugliest member of Showcase 4 lol

This used to be my copy.  He had a body part drawn on him...let's just say he was well hung.  His word bubble told you to do something to his pen added body part.  It was quite the conversation piece.

Image (259).jpg