• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Don't know Roy's sale price but I'm guessing not too far off from Robert's. 2 dealers sell CGC 7.5 copies this year for roughly the same price and all of a sudden a 30K jump (+40%) ? Move over AF15.

Either that or it's the White pages. If it's that, paging Jaydogrules lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, dem1138 said:

I know the guy that runs Heronext and from my experience he's above board.  

I'm not saying that he's not above board.

What I am saying is that over $100K is an unusually high price for that grade. Even an 8.0 sold for less just a year ago.

It is possible that whoever bought the book thought it had a strong shot at upgrade OR it's also possible someone paid that number because people are thinking that the book is starting to look cheap in the wake of recent AF #15 prices.

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Don't know Roy's sale price but I'm guessing not too far off from Robert's. 2 dealers sell CGC 7.5 copies this year for roughly the same price and all of a sudden a 30K jump (+40%) ? Move over AF15.

Either that or it's the White pages. If it's that, paging Jaydogrules lol

Don't even dare!!! :makepoint:

1 hour ago, xomic said:

Heronext is a site I run.  If anyone has any questions about this particular sale, they can PM me.

Not trying to pick on you but I went on the website and I don't know who "I" in Brooklyn NY is.  Unless your name is Xomic?

17 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Gonna take a guess that the 8.5 copy will sell between $100-$125k.  I don't see it surpassing AF 15 in the same grade.

a 7.5 just sold for 107K so an 8.5 should reach 200K easy. *cough* 

On 8/27/2017 at 11:28 PM, TeddieMercede said:

nice upgrade - i thought CGC was grading tighter right now. 

Eric, are you saying that the new 8.5 is the 7.5 that sold for $100K+?

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Eric, are you saying that the new 8.5 is the 7.5 that sold for $100K+?

BINGO!  I just looked at both the 7.5 copy that sold with this new 8.5 copy and the top left and right corners do match up pretty identically!  Also both have white pages.  Not that common for a DC book if you asked me.  The 7.5 was pressed and now an 8.5.