• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I'll go a little high on this one as Sparkle seems to get spirited bidding and say $7000.

The last sale of a 5.0 on GPA was a similar PQ book for $6750. A year earlier almost to the day a OW specimen sold for the same - $6750. I think it's time for a bump in price. Of course it could end up being a bargain . . .

Already at 6,000 no bargain likely here.

:boo: .....and the search continues...

Edited by Kal-El

Frank, you don't need to do anything. I've just called for an ambulance however....I think I'm bleeding out internally from all the excitement your post created.

Super-ultra-hyper-cool grail broham. If you ever want to unload that 200K book and I've got an extra 200K laying around we'll have to have your people call my people. :wink:

lol:)

It's not for sale ATM, but in the past I tried to trade it for AF15 in 9.6 (when it was only one 9.6 copy) + I think 350 or 450k (can't remember exactly). It went sour and to my great frustration is sold for 1.1kk @ CC about a year later.

After that I turned down some bids. The problem in this range is that you just don't know the real price for it.

I guess some know and many wonder. But at least you know now where the 9.6 is:

SHOWCASE496_zpsf26766e7.jpeg

WHAT THE F*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

is all that i can say after trying to search for REPRINT on the label.

It's not a reprint. I picked it up in Texas along with a lot of other Showcase books. Compared to the 9.2 and 9.0 sales it seemed cheap at the time but we will see some years down the line how the price really was.

I know I say it in every post but I would be happy to post some HQ scans (back and front) in the summer. ATM I only have that of books I am selling as it is more vital.

It's not a reprint. I picked it up in Texas along with a lot of other Showcase books. Compared to the 9.2 and 9.0 sales it seemed cheap at the time but we will see some years down the line how the price really was.

I know I say it in every post but I would be happy to post some HQ scans (back and front) in the summer. ATM I only have that of books I am selling as it is more vital.

It was quite a news when Mark sold his Showcase 4 9.2. Following the 9.2 sell a 9.0 sold for a steal nearly 40K. A recent 8.5 just for 47.5K which confirms that HG copies has went to the next level. Love to see more scans. :cool:

I guess some know and many wonder. But at least you know now where the 9.6 is:

SHOWCASE496_zpsf26766e7.jpeg

Wow, one of the only Silver age books I dont own, I will never get anywhere near condition like this.

Awesome book man (worship)

That's just terrific! I posted a scan of that book way back when this thread began as a tease to what we all could aspire to. I think I just tossed that scan as it made all (the scans of) my own books look like reader-copies. Honored to have the owner post it here so in case that next lottery ticket is the winner I know who to contact to get onto the list. Kudos to you sir (worship)

What is MKT Value for a 5.0 right now? Is it on par with this ongoing auction? Are the WP a major factor? hm

(:

The white pages are on the 9.6 that's not for sale. :gossip:

The 5.0 has Cream to Off-White pages.

Only 2 sales on GPA for the last few years, both for $6750.