• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Pretty happy with this.

Bought it off the board last year as a CGC 5.0 Moderate (A). I decided to have Carmine sign and do a small remark on it at NYCC this year and while it didn't get a grade bump, the restoration came down to Slight (A), which is good.

photo66.jpg

Carmine asked me where I got the book from when I had him sign it. I guess he rarely signs these, and was impressed. This is the third SS on the census now.

I'm currently working on time-payments to pick up my first ever complete copy of Showcase #4.

And I'm rather new to SA DC so I'm hoping for my fellow boardies to bring me up to snuff.

1) Is the value/demand for SC #4 going up, down or remaining stationary?

2) FMV-wise, where does SC #4 rank amongst other SA keys like FF #1, Hulk #1, ASM #1 and SC #22?

3) How rare is SC #4 compared to the aforementioned and the various other DC SA keys?

Thanks guys! :)

Edited by Wayne-Tec

I am probably a bit biased to answer some of these questions,

and besides there are guys on here far more qualified to do so.

:)

Perhaps,

But you have been very active in this thread.

I wouldn't mind hearing your feedback, especially since you seem to be so passionate about this book.

:popcorn:

Appreciate the interest, the main reason I'm so active in this thread, that I started BTW, is because I absolutely love the SA Flash - hence my passion for this particular book. Apart form that, I don't really have the market expertise needed to accurately answer many of your questions. I can tell you I purchased a 3.0 copy a few years back for $1800 and sold it for the equivalent of around $3000 when you calculate the value of the partial trade + cash. So I made some money in the exchange. Hopefully one of our experienced dealers chimes in here to give you the information you want.

Pretty happy with this.

Bought it off the board last year as a CGC 5.0 Moderate (A). I decided to have Carmine sign and do a small remark on it at NYCC this year and while it didn't get a grade bump, the restoration came down to Slight (A), which is good.

photo66.jpg

Carmine asked me where I got the book from when I had him sign it. I guess he rarely signs these, and was impressed. This is the third SS on the census now.

That's a pretty book. Was Carmine pretty coherent. He has to be getting up there.

Pretty happy with this.

photo66.jpg

That's a pretty book. Was Carmine pretty coherent. He has to be getting up there.

Not very coherant at all. The CGC witness had to basically tell me what Carmine said, because I didn't understand him. You can see from the signature and remark, that his health is getting worse very quickly. If he signed something last year, the signature would look much more clear.

It's sad to see his health deteriorating so quickly.

To put it perspective how old the greats are getting, the young guns of 80-90s are in their 50s. Frank Miller is 55 and Todd McFarlane is 51.

. . . as are the collectors of their work :preach:

To put it perspective how old the greats are getting, the young guns of 80-90s are in their 50s. Frank Miller is 55 and Todd McFarlane is 51.

There are plenty of younger collectors coming in to replace them those old timers.

There are plenty of younger collectors coming in to replace them those old timers.

I'm only 24. (thumbs u

I'm only 24. (thumbs u

I thought I was young when compared to the old timers here (26).

Edited by lemonman5

Don't get any ideas. Your not replacing me for awhile. I may not have much hair but hopefully I'm only half way home. :headbang:

I'm only 24. (thumbs u

That's great that new blood is flowing into the DC ranks. (thumbs u

Bob

I'm only 24. (thumbs u

I thought I was young when compared to the old timers here (26).

You are - I'm twice your age - but in 26 years I'll only be a third older than you hm

Time speeds up as you age :idea: