• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #35 on eBay - Is the price Fair or To High?

48 posts in this topic

5x guide for tec 35 a few years ago was very accurate...since then, "we" have gotten the guide to move up a bit, so that 4x guide is now more "accurate"

2004 Guide in Good = $1000

2009 Guide in Good = $1266

In OSPG world, moving up 26% in Good in only 5 years is like moving mountains.

5x guide for tec 35 a few years ago was very accurate...since then, "we" have gotten the guide to move up a bit, so that 4x guide is now more "accurate"

(thumbs u

2 years ago it was 2300 in vg and 3450 in fine...

last year it was 3066 in vg and 4600 in fine

that is the move I was refering too :baiting:

(thumbs u

Looking at Heritage (since I don't have a copy of the new guide), they show it as being $3800 in Fine, and $2532 in VG - is this not correct?

Even if it is, 10% in a year is a big jump for Bob.

But, since there is only one copy CGC graded 6.0 or better, isn't it more appropriate to give the guide price for grades people are more likely to have?

Isn't an increase in Good (and VG) 10x more likely to affect people than a move in NM (or FN) which wouldn't even apply to a copy sold in the last several years?

Let's see...the Crippen 5.5 sold in 2006 for $17,925 when guide was $3,168 in Fine, so a move to $3800 (or even $4600) doesn't bring it close to reality and I hope the owner can get more than the 4x guide they are supposed to be selling for now.

(thumbs u

Looking at Heritage (since I don't have a copy of the new guide), they show it as being $3800 in Fine, and $2532 in VG - is this not correct?

Even if it is, 10% in a year is a big jump for Bob.

But, since there is only one copy CGC graded 6.0 or better, isn't it more appropriate to give the guide price for grades people are more likely to have?

Isn't an increase in Good (and VG) 10x more likely to affect people than a move in NM (or FN) which wouldn't even apply to a copy sold in the last several years?

Let's see...the Crippen 5.5 sold in 2006 for $17,925 when guide was $3,168 in Fine, so a move to $3800 (or even $4600) doesn't bring it close to reality and I hope the owner can get more than the 4x guide they are supposed to be selling for now.

my numbers are right from the 39th edition... 4600 in fine is "correct"...

5x guide was pretty standard , now it is 4x guide for vg to vg/fn copies (since they are really the only copies to come to market in the past few years)

Heritage really needs to get with it and make sure their "guide"is correct on books they auction then. I wonder if it's wrong on any other books?

not sure, I didn't even realize heritage had a guide (shrug)

Yep. Right underneath each book's description they list the OSPG prices in all grades and the CGC census report (online of course).

yeah, I have seen those...I wonder how often they update them or how they import into the item description (manual) (shrug)

I think the price is actually around market.

A 3.5 market value is around $13k currently and current guide for a 4.0 is $3,066 (4.25x 4.0 guide).

You also need to take into account that there is always a floor price for a comic due to the numbers of sellers able to purchase at a given level. In the case of a low grade #35 the price looks fine to me.

and the 35 is under valued in the guide compared to the 29, 31, and 33...but we all know the guide is always behind market values and has to "catch" up so to speak. Auction, private sales, and GPA are better market pulses on big GA books like this IMO.

George, I think you sold a CGC 2.5 copy of #35 for about $10k last year right?

A 3.5 market value is around $13k currently and current guide for a 4.0 is $3,066 (4.25x 4.0 guide).

You also need to take into account that there is always a floor price for a comic due to the numbers of sellers able to purchase at a given level. In the case of a low grade #35 the price looks fine to me.

and the 35 is under valued in the guide compared to the 29, 31, and 33...but we all know the guide is always behind market values and has to "catch" up so to speak. Auction, private sales, and GPA are better market pulses on big GA books like this IMO.

Must've been my old 2.5 i used to own with the tape down the entire spine

yah that was it Brian (thumbs u

did I buy that one from you , I can't even remember (shrug)

did I buy that one from you , I can't even remember (shrug)

wash, spin, rinse :insane: