• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Captain America Comics #5

29 posts in this topic

Thinking of purchasing this book it is in a PGX holder what CGC grade do you think it will get? I'll post the PGX grade later

If you're buying this PGX book, be realistic... you're rolling the dice with an expensive book, and there's no way of knowing from scans what CGC might find.

:sumo:

as I said, IMO, in the other post, 3.5... possibly 4.0 at best due to the spine tears.

Why is PGX frowned upon, they're people too!?

No offense but I've dealt with some of these graders at comic shows long before they became "GODS" of grading.

I think it should be mandatory (BY LAW) that the head grader's name be applied to each label "graded by"!

(at least there will be some accountability when deciding how much a book is worth)

I'm going to start my own grading company. the SJC. (me)

casarachi

as I said, IMO, in the other post, 3.5... possibly 4.0 at best due to the spine tears.

No offense but I've dealt with some of these graders at comic shows long before they became "GODS" of grading.

I think it should be mandatory (BY LAW) that the head grader's name be applied to each label "graded by"!

(at least there will be some accountability when deciding how much a book is worth)

casarachi

man!! i can smell the hate from here

Front=5.0

Back=3.0

I'll say 4.0.

But as mentioned, it's a shoot given the small photos and the fact that it's a PGX. For one thing, I'd worry about restoration with that front looking so much better than the back.

casarachi

:troll:

Thinking of purchasing this book it is in a PGX holder what CGC grade do you think it will get? I'll post the PGX grade later

If you're buying this PGX book, be realistic... you're rolling the dice with an expensive book, and there's no way of knowing from scans what CGC might find.

Agreed 3.5 PLOD (shrug)

Agreed 3.5 PLOD (shrug)

the owner checked the book pretty carefully before submitting... he guarantees it is not restored (thumbs u