• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

26 DCs To Go

240 posts in this topic

My friend who has the GL MH run sold me this All-American #89 years ago, it's the Ohio copy, a VF.

There was an All-American 89 VF copy on e-bay about two months back (maybe even this same copy) with a buy-it-now price of $895.

STUPIDLY I said I'd wait till a cheaper one came along.

That was my biggest mistake to date.

I remember it each and every day now.

I am so angry with myself over it.

I never said that, now did I, Scarface. I for one have never held that view, period. Quite often I go on threads and am quietly in awe of the breadth of knowledge (and wit) exhibited here......this is why I'm proud to be a Forumite.

I don't deny being pompous and arrogant, and prone to the occasional expletive ridden outburst myself. But I don't take myself seriously.

I think mutual apologies are in order, and let's move on.

My apologies....it was Gpcove that said that and I'm getting you Brits mixed up. 893frustrated.gif

However, I do see several of you making little jabs at Americans in here and when someone returns returns the favor, it doesn't seem to sit well with you all. (BOC was obviously just joking about Gpcoves "over 50%" comment).

This is fun ! I wasn't slagging off any particular forum member or Americans in general. I was talking about comic readers. Anyone spending large amounts of money to read adolescent stories about superheroes, is probably not functioning on the same level as most of the rest of the world. When they sit in front of a computer screen at 1.30 in the morning to talk about it, then they're definitely loopy.

There do seem to be a lot of well balanced people here with jobs, wives and lives, but I'm sure there a number who would ring alarm bells on psychometric tests. I have no idea where you fit, but since I'm 99%+ sure you're a shill anyway, I could care less.

This is fun ! I wasn't slagging off any particular forum member or Americans in general. I was talking about comic readers. Anyone spending large amounts of money to read adolescent stories about superheroes, is probably not functioning on the same level as most of the rest of the world. When they sit in front of a computer screen at 1.30 in the morning to talk about it, then they're definitely loopy.

I knew what you were talking about and my initial comment had nothing to do with anybody's geographic location. There were no graemlins attached to your statement so I took it at face value and called it like I saw it.

I have no idea where you fit, but since I'm 99%+ sure you're a shill anyway, I could care less.

If you wished real hard with that remaining 1%, do you think there's a chance that someday I could be real, Geppetto?