• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four # 1

22 posts in this topic

I purchased this from Senior Overstreet Advisor Bill Hughes. Very nice interior except for pg 10/11 has tape holding up corner piece. What do you think this grades? And I will tell you how close you came to Bill's

FF1_0002.jpg

FF1_0003.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

:sumo:

I purchased this from Senior Overstreet Advisor Bill Hughes. Very nice interior except for pg 10/11 has tape holding up corner piece. What do you think this grades? And I will tell you how close you came to Bill's

FF1_0002.jpg

FF1_0003.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

:sumo:

2.5 to 3.0

Welcome to Fantastic Four #1 club

WEBHEAD

It was quoted to be "4.0" :tonofbricks:

It's sometimes important for us to ask ourselves are we offering grades based on what we think CGC would grade the book at? Or perhaps OSPG or other methodology, including our own personal methodology. All methods should yield close to the same grade, but depending on the methods lean on technical merits one grade move one way or the other.

I assume most here are grading what CGC would give the grade...and then I always ask myself, as a seller what could I be comfortable in putting this book forth as, and as a buyer, what we I be happy with in terms of paying for it and owning it...hopefully the answer to both yields the same grade.

I could see it getting a 3.5 from CGC...4.0 is pushing it a bit...and this equates to my personal seller/buyer point of view... 2c

It was quoted to be "4.0" :tonofbricks:

It's sometimes important for us to ask ourselves are we offering grades based on what we think CGC would grade the book at? Or perhaps OSPG or other methodology, including our own personal methodology. All methods should yield close to the same grade, but depending on the methods lean on technical merits one grade move one way or the other.

I assume most here are grading what CGC would give the grade...and then I always ask myself, as a seller what could I be comfortable in putting this book forth as, and as a buyer, what we I be happy with in terms of paying for it and owning it...hopefully the answer to both yields the same grade.

I could see it getting a 3.5 from CGC...4.0 is pushing it a bit...and this equates to my personal seller/buyer point of view... 2c

..i couldn't agree with you more..trmoore54.