• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

ONCE UPON A TIME ....

I HAD SLAB CRACKING BALLS OF STEEL

AND THIS SLAB WAS ONE OF ABOUT 40 ASM 9.8S CREATED DURING THIS PROCESS

I CAN'T SAY THAT IT WASN'T WORTH IT

Asm238.jpg

Is the line that runs parallel with the spine your scanner or production glitch? Humor me please.

ONCE UPON A TIME ....

I HAD SLAB CRACKING BALLS OF STEEL

AND THIS SLAB WAS ONE OF ABOUT 40 ASM 9.8S CREATED DURING THIS PROCESS

I CAN'T SAY THAT IT WASN'T WORTH IT

Asm238.jpg

:acclaim: I would like to thank my agent, family and fans. I almost cried when I saw Roger whip out the ball point pen, but I was strong in the force and his pressure was light.

I figure I will be seeing all of them around Baltimore/NYCC in the fall. They are still pretty good about attending cons.

I am sure many of them will be at San Diego as well. Which I do not attend :(

Here's my John Romita signature from around 1975-ish.

Me and a friend of mine CALLED Marvel Comics long distance and actually talked to the Jazzy one for a half and hour. He was awesome. Probably thought, who are these goofy kids that think a comic book artist is a big deal!

Anyway, I gave him my address and this is what he sent me. It's a stock piece with a nice message and signature at the top. Can't believe I still have this!

The silly magic marker coloring was by me (hey, I was 12!)

For all I know, it was Flo Steinberg who actually signed it!

IMG_0012.jpg

Here's my John Romita signature from around 1975-ish.

Me and a friend of mine CALLED Marvel Comics long distance and actually talked to the Jazzy one for a half and hour. He was awesome. Probably thought, who are these goofy kids that think a comic book artist is a big deal!

Anyway, I gave him my address and this is what he sent me. It's a stock piece with a nice message and signature at the top. Can't believe I still have this!

The silly magic marker coloring was by me (hey, I was 12!)

For all I know, it was Flo Steinberg who actually signed it!

IMG_0012.jpg

That's cool.

Bill.

I think I read this thread wrong when I first stumbled upon it... it sounded like Zeck and Beatty were attending the Boston Comic-Con. In reading it again (and talking to Zeck), it sounded like the signing of those books would actually take place as part of a private signing in March. That's why those books would be needed by March 8th. I just wanted to clarify for others as well in case others may have been confused. Unfortunately, Zeck is not scheduled to do a live convention appearance any time in the near future.

I think I read this thread wrong when I first stumbled upon it... it sounded like Zeck and Beatty were attending the Boston Comic-Con. In reading it again (and talking to Zeck), it sounded like the signing of those books would actually take place as part of a private signing in March. That's why those books would be needed by March 8th. I just wanted to clarify for others as well in case others may have been confused. Unfortunately, Zeck is not scheduled to do a live convention appearance any time in the near future.

Not sure where the confusion was ever mentioned or brought up........ :insane:

And yes. They are getting signed in a private signing hosted by the infamous Par2ch :applause:

Please feel free to send me pms or emails with future questions rather than ask the creators directly.

Thanks,

Sean

Not sure where the confusion was ever mentioned or brought up........ :insane:

And yes. They are getting signed in a private signing hosted by the infamous Par2ch :applause:

Please feel free to send me pms or emails with future questions rather than ask the creators directly.

Thanks,

Sean

I am sure that wasn't a shot at you Sean, or a shot at the signing.

Chuck (the poster who mentioned talking to Zeck) has known Mike personally for a long long time. This wasn't a stranger calling out to the creator to for the first time and causing trouble.

I just wanted you to know

Best,

Chris