• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

Masters%20Submission%20Form.jpg

Big thanks to All the Creators involved, Paul, Joe P, Gemma, Par2ch, Rich Henn, CollectingStanLee, All CAW's Involved, and Mrs. NYComics.

There are 2 ways to download the flyer and submission form, my website will give you pdf's and the links will give you printable jpegs. Whichevers easiest.

www.NYComics.us

Flyer

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WhHnEOuv5ttMTMRVtpUGLA?feat=directlink

Submission Form

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/S4kD4Xq2XbKmkpWCW9CE-A?feat=directlink

signing%20book%20scanned%20in.jpg

This is how I require books to be prepared.

It is a method that I have started borrowing from my buddy Fred (Alphatrion.)

The holes you cut for a signature MUST be at least 2" x 4"

If there are going to be a lot of signatures. Leave only a slim border around the book and just cut a big window. The extra border will help protect the front of the book and hopefully preserve your grade.

Yes We Can Crack Yellow Labels For This Signing. It has been arranged. :)

A many of you know, CGC recently changed the witness rules and as a result this kind of offering is much more difficult to arrange than it has been in the past. Add to that the advanced age of the creators, and you need to get this done now, sooner rather than later.

Try to find books that feature as many of the big guns as possible. Joe Simon didn't work for Marvel in the silver age, but as the creator of Captain America, his sig looks awesome on any Captain America book. Joe created Captain America along with Jack Kirby in 1940, an amazing 70 years ago. Joe Simon will be 97 years old this year.

Now's your chance to put it all together without paying retail. Imagine Stan Lee (age 86), Joe Simon (97), John Romita (80), Gene Colan (84) and more on a single book! This as close to touching the comic creation pantheon as we will ever come. Ok, so I'm a little excited about this. Just know that my books will be going in along side yours. We only have a limited number of spots available, so jump on it now and don't miss it!

Bill.

I don't know about that one. I have ASM #119 at 9.4 CGC SS Stan Lee. It is a beautiful book and I didn't lose sleep when I cracked it out. Once a book is over a certain value, you start risking a lot with a potential grade drop. Why not get a second copy and pair the two together in your collection, one as perfection and the other with Stan the man on it.

Sean and I cannot guarantee the grade for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, if you do get it back 9.8, I think you're right, it would be worth a lot more because not too many people are going to try that and it would probably stand alone.

Bill.

HEHHE

I may

I'll have to see when the time comes.

For now I just bought a copy of SSM#1 and paid for it last night. I'll see what it looks like under the glass too and judging by what kind of a 9.8 it is to me I'll probably have that going.

It would be really nice to have that 119 signed by both Stan and JR though., Time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the idea on getting a 2nd also. Not a bad idea to buy maybe a 9.6 of 119 and 120 and get them signed for the same price risk or close to it.

Talk to yas soon

Richard