• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

Don't forget some obvious choices on TOS with cap and iron man both on the cover, 58,59,63 etc. These would be awesome for dual simon/lee.

Bill.

True. Those do look nice, but it does eliminate Colan and Sinnot.

I wouldn't try to boil it down to just one book, that puts too much pressure on figuring out what the ultimate book would be. Might make sense to get a few books to jump start your masters collection.

Bill.

It's cool to get a book signed by all 4 giants, but that limits the books if you want it to be tightly associated with the creators. So don't for get you can do a lot of Stan Lee/Joe Simon combos, Stan Lee/John Romita combos, and Stan Lee/Gene Colan combos or any mix of those.

If you want to reach back into the golden age, there is a John Romita Cap (forget which issue) that would look great to have Lee/Simon/Romita on. You have about 6 weeks to get it together and that sounds like a lot, but it will go by fast.

Bill.

It's cool to get a book signed by all 4 giants, but that limits the books if you want it to be tightly associated with the creators. So don't for get you can do a lot of Stan Lee/Joe Simon combos, Stan Lee/John Romita combos, and Stan Lee/Gene Colan combos or any mix of those.

If you want to reach back into the golden age, there is a John Romita Cap (forget which issue) that would look great to have Lee/Simon/Romita on. You have about 6 weeks to get it together and that sounds like a lot, but it will go by fast.

Bill.

Pretty sure those GA books are 76 thru 78, with 78 being the best cover.

Bill.

There's also Cap #114 from the Silver age. Art by Romita and Sal Buscema. Wouldn't it look good with Lee/Simon/Romita/Sal on it? :D

Hey guys!

Not sure if this is a big deal to any of you, but it might make a difference.

I am very happy to say that I personally am going to be Flying to LA to make sure the Stan Lee signing goes extra smooth.

I am going to be a promoter here and say why I think this is such a great opportunity.

Bill and I are hardcore collectors. We both LOVE Stan Lee sigs. In fact that is how we met, back in the day before I even joined these boards on Ebay. Low and behold we have become great friends and enjoy a great partnership so we can bring this Masters signing to all of you.

When I prep my books to be signed by these Masters I take the time to think about sig placement, color, everything. And so should you. A SS book can be a piece of artwork.

I want to tell you all about where the signings take place, to be as honest about how I can control the quality of signatures as possible.

Mr. Romita- Joins Chris and I for lunch in his little Italian restaurant. We use the whole upper level of the restaurant and close it down and push together lots of table to give the books lots of space. (Check out the pic from last years signing on my website!) Again I will try to take LOTS of photos of Mr. Romita signing your books. He does a fantastic job!

Mr. Simon- Chris and I stop by his studio and home. He clears off the drawing table for us, and takes a lot of time to find great color and placement. Chris and I try to offer our best suggestions as well when he gets stuck on which spot to sign. I hope to offer lots of photos of Joe signing again.

Mr. Lee- Wow do I have fun going with Bill to Stan's office. I fly into the LA airport. Bill picks me up and we go cruisin around Cali. All I can say is that Bill has a fantastic relationship with Stan's office. He has been there A LOT. And Stan really likes it when we stop in. We enjoy some good conversation, but most of our time is spent worrying about the books.

Mr. Colan- Will likely be at the Pitt comic con with the help of Mr. Rich Henn!

Mr. Zeck+ Mr. Beatty- Will sign beautifully in Florida in a private setting with my boy Danny Par2ch.

anyways..........I wrote this post because originally I was not going to go to California for this signing. But now I am. Hopefully I can help provide even further Quality Control. Which is what I am after.

-Sean

Gather up ye funds o true believers! This round of signing is going to lead to some incredible books and I'm on the hunt for some awesome books for it myself. Marvel is getting ready to announce the casting of Captain America, who will play the lead role. So it looks like they are still on track for their 2012 release date. This is exciting news.

Personally I'm treating this masters signing as if it were the last because it has become more complicated to put together and no one knows what the future holds. Marvel is going to put a lot into Captain America and the Avengers movies and it is going to drive value into the comic books big time (my opinion). Now is the time put together this collection while you still have access to the creators. At least that is the way I'm looking at it.

Bill.

Mr. Zeck+ Mr. Beatty- Will sign beautifully in Florida in a private setting with my boy Danny Par2ch.

-Sean

To add to what Sean has said, this year due to the increase in demand for Zeck and Beatty I have paid to reserve a conference room at a hotel. Prior years Mike and John would sign in my hotel suite, but due to the addition of the CGC witness and a record number of submissions, I felt that having a larger dedicated conference room would work out better for everyone.