• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

I think I read this thread wrong when I first stumbled upon it... it sounded like Zeck and Beatty were attending the Boston Comic-Con. In reading it again (and talking to Zeck), it sounded like the signing of those books would actually take place as part of a private signing in March. That's why those books would be needed by March 8th. I just wanted to clarify for others as well in case others may have been confused. Unfortunately, Zeck is not scheduled to do a live convention appearance any time in the near future.

:hi: Charles,

I am having a private signing with both Mike and John in March prior to MegaCon. Sean (NYComics) contacted me and asked if it would be possible to accept books for the Zeck/Beatty signing as part of his Masters Event. This would allow individuals interested in adding Mike and/or John to the signatures of Stan Lee, Joe Simon or John Romita on their books.

Sean,

Charles is the formost collector of Mike Zeck original art (worship) , he and Mike go back and Charles also knows of the relashonship that I have been able to develop with Mike with these private signings I have set up (#4 so far :) ) so I can understand his questioning of your event which may of been miscontrewed as a possibility that Mike will be attending a show. (WHICH HE WILL NOT BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE)

So in summary, there is ONLY 1 Zeck private signing in March, being held by yours truly. The books that are being accepted for the masters signing will be dropped of to me by Sean prior to the private signing and then given to CGC to send to Sean for any additional legends to be added.

If anyone has any quesions about the Zeck/Beatty private signing please feel free to PM me

I hope this clears up any confussion

-Dan

Thank you for the heads up.

I did not take it as a shot.

Rather I saw it a good point to mention that if anyone has questions about my signing please feel VERY free to pm or email me first.

:foryou: For everyone!

nothing to see here lol

anyways to get things back on topic...........

These are what type of books can come out of this signing! I am doing this because I want more of these books in my collection too! You gotta create this stuff! Lets get some pedigree books and mark em up.......I just cant afford em lol

:jokealert: pedigree lovers ;)

Amazing-Spider-Man-%2342--8.0.jpg

I've been working on acquiring some great books for this signing. TOS 59 is one of my favorite covers and I've picked up an 8.0. I can't wait to see it with Joe Simon's sig in blue ink and Stan's in black.

I actually have a 6.5 that is already signed by Stan, but I really want the higher grade with both. I'm in love with joe simon's blue ink sig, so I will be getting one on books that I already have. Also, I think the TOS books will go way up in value with new iron man movie and the pending cap movies, just my opinion.

Superman #1 went for $1 million recently through auction. Who says comic books don't appreciate?

Bill.

I

Superman #1 went for $1 million recently through auction. Who says comic books don't appreciate?

Bill.

Got a link? I didn't hear about that one. Are you talking about the Action 1?

Superman 1 and Action 1 are not the same thing. It's the difference between ASM 1 and AF15 and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on a big sale in our hobby.

Thanks for clearing it up, Chris.

I was referring to action comics #1, which is what the article mentions. It's a lot of scratch for a comic book, but probably good news for the industry as it shows the long term staying power and appeal of comic books as investments.

I think the Masters signing ties right into it. Gather it up while you can my friends because there will come a time when it is no longer possible.

Bill.

Or maybe just maybe even a 9.4; if I recall what I read correctly, that's what Steve Borock thought it was.

From what I recall, the dentist thought it was as good as any Church he's seen, and we know there are 9.8 Church's out there, but of course he may be just slightly biased since he owns it. On the other hand, I believe that Stephen F may have thought it was a 9.2, but again, since he may have wanted to purchase it, he too may have been just slightly biased in his assessment.