• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters Signing- Stan Lee, Joe Simon, John Romita, Colan, Zeck, Beatty+ More

565 posts in this topic

Ah, thanks Bill. I have a friend who's a huge comic fan and I think it would be cool to get something signed for him as a birthday gift (I figured I could pick up a masterworks or omnibus, hence the original question).

If I send in a comic, does it have to be a CGC'd book to begin with? If not, does it have to go through the CGC signature verification process (not sure if this is part of the deal for getting a signature). My friends birthday is mid May, so I'm trying to figure out how long it would take to get the book back. Thanks.

If we don't have to CGC it, obviously it will come back a lot faster. However Stan is signing late May, so it will not be in time for your friends birthday. You know the CGC certified book is really cool. You could get him a card and put a picture of CGC SS book in it and let him know the book is on its journey that will eventually get to him. Just a thought.

Bill.

Hey All,

I am back from Florida........my flight got delayed by an entire day, missed 1 day of my dayjob today, extended the hotel and car............hoy vey! Then I get home and my boardwalk right on the LI sound got messed up by this storm! crazyness.

To address a couple of questions.

No hardcovers for this signing.... Sorry :(

If you want comic books signed that are not going to CGC PM me about it.

Best,

Sean

Hey All,

I am back from Florida........my flight got delayed by an entire day, missed 1 day of my dayjob today, extended the hotel and car............hoy vey! Then I get home and my boardwalk right on the LI sound got messed up by this storm! crazyness.

To address a couple of questions.

No hardcovers for this signing.... Sorry :(

If you want comic books signed that are not going to CGC PM me about it.

Best,

Sean

Welcome back. It was about 80 degrees in so cal today. Winter to summer with nothing in between.

Bill.

nice to put a face to a name as well! Sorry I could only be there one hour.... :(

Although cons are ALOT of work........so maybe I am not that sorry and glad I was just getting some sun in FL! ;)

Big Thanks to Dan P. for taking care of all Zeck and Beatty signatures. Job well done.

Next signing up is Lunch with Mr. Romita...............

get those books in guys!

Best,

Sean

Yeah, I really like the blue sigs for Joe Simon. I'm doing copies of books I already had done in silver just to get a sig that pops like that.

This is a great opportunity fellas, don't miss it. Personally I'm making the most of it. I'm investing in some great books for it.

Bill.

Bill, can you remind me whether we can request a specific color for the signature on a book? If not, that's cool too--just that you mention how certain colors really pop. :) Are you joining Sean at the Boston show?

I planned on sending in my own markers with my books (if this is ok).

Those of you that have used paint markers in the past, is there a particular brand that works better than another?

I have experimented and noticed that with my markers there is some bleed through of the cover inks, even though the marker is labeled opaque.

This is worse when the cover itself is very dark.