• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on CGC GRADING (((POLL)))

167 posts in this topic

oh shut up rice engine boy! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

get behind some FINE AMURRRICAN STEEL!

dream car: 1961 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible in jet black, black leather interiors yeahhhhhh baby

OR a 1979 or 1980 International Harvester Scout Suntanner <== will pay legitimate $ for one in nice shape! if you can find one.

Porsche BABY YEAH! Have you seen these things perform on a real race course? They kick man. Nothing comes close when it comes to all out performance (normal cars I mean, not indy).

yeah those are really cool I like those the old 70's Broncos and the Jeep Wagoneer circa 1976 as well minus that damned wood paneling that always fades. Those proto type suvs were tough looking trucks but what I really want is either a 1967 hardtop GTO or even better a 1970 Hemi Cuda oh yeah real steel gass guzzling Detroit beasts on tires

thats a bit uncalled for, what is your problem?

What is my problem? I screwed up and thought I was responding to Rickdog (hence the canine - thought Rick would appreciate the joke). My sincere and true aplogies to you. Definitely not addressed to you. I was on ebay and realized "oh my god that was blowout!".

So again - apologies.

no problem, easily done (just hope ricky isn't looking shocked.gif )

back to your question then,

"And I STILL want to know why NO ONE SAYS WHERE CGC STATES THEY HAVE MULTIPLE CRITERIA. "

there isn't really an easy answer to it (don't bother asking cgc as i'm sure you know, they WON'T answer meaninful questions)

although i think there is ample evidence out there to suggest that they grade differently in regards to books from different eras (cover ink depth/gloss not being marked down as much on silver & gold, miscuts/ printing defects more allowable on bronze than modern.etc).

it would actually be nice to see a response from steve on this thread (as we know he reads them) especially regarding the treatment of gold books (alowance of slight restoration on a blue label etc).