• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles OA

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm looking for any TMNT Original Art for the first Mirage run, but I've listed out a few pages in particular that I'm really hunting for.

TMNT vol. 1 #1 – Any Page (pipe dream, I know)

TMNT vol. 1 #6 – Page 27

TMNT vol. 1 #9 – Page 15

TMNT vol. 1 #19-21 – Any Action Page

Donatello One-shot – Any Page

Michaelangelo One-shot – Any Page with Klunk the Cat

Tales of the TMNT vol. 2 #55 – Page 21

TMNT vol.4 #10 – Any Page with Splinter

If anyone knows where I can find any of these, please let me know! Thanks!

-Adam

Hey Adam!

Getting into TMNT OA! :o Well, as you may know, finding art from these early books is pretty rough. As far as what you're looking for, this is what I know:

TMNT #1 art: all locked up at $250,000. A few prelims are floating around though, and they are pretty pricey.

#6 & #9: I think I've seen a page from each of those issues but thats it (and neither is what you're looking for)

#19-21: Probably your best bet. A few pages have sold from each issue, including some really nice pages. Pop up on ebay every now and again

Donatello: only the painted cover has surfaced; no interiors

Michaelangelo: a number of pages from this book are out, including some with Klunk ( I sold one with Klunk a while back on ebay I believe). Out of the early books out there, this issue you are most likely going to find art from

Tales Vol #2, Vol 4: havent seen. I believe Pete has all of the Volume 4 art but I may be wrong. Either way, I would image he kept all of the death of Splinter art.

Hey Adam!

Getting into TMNT OA! :o Well, as you may know, finding art from these early books is pretty rough. As far as what you're looking for, this is what I know:

TMNT #1 art: all locked up at $250,000. A few prelims are floating around though, and they are pretty pricey.

#6 & #9: I think I've seen a page from each of those issues but thats it (and neither is what you're looking for)

#19-21: Probably your best bet. A few pages have sold from each issue, including some really nice pages. Pop up on ebay every now and again

Michaelangelo: a number of pages from this book are out, including some with Klunk ( I sold one with Klunk a while back on ebay I believe). Out of the early books out there, this issue you are most likely going to find art from

Tales Vol #2, Vol 4: havent seen. I believe Pete has all of the Volume 4 art but I may be wrong. Either way, I would image he kept all of the death of Splinter art.

Bravo :applause:

That's what I love about these boards.. unique market insights from experts "in the know" and a willing comaraderie that bonds fellow collectors in their pursuits! :cloud9:

Thanks Danny!

I knew the OA to issue 1 is in a vault, but I figured I'd state my intentions in case someone cares to notify me in case the vault opens up.

A few of the choice pages I have from the early issues feature Donatello (my favorite Turtle) being hardcore in battle, something you don't see very often (I need to find the proper page and add one from issue 10 where he's cracking the Shredder in the back of the head with his bo staff). Others are just cool pages that I'd love to have.

I'm working on others, but I'm also working on getting examples of all 4 turtles from each of the major artists at Mirage. I've got leads/agreements with a few of them. I'm hoping on getting more soon.

Hey Adam!

:cry: Say it isn't so?