• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 sells for $1 MILLION dollars... but who cares ?

106 posts in this topic

Are most OA collectors impressed or indifferent about the sale of the first $1,000,000 comic book - Action 1 sold by ComicConnect aka Metropolis comics. I have been reading the threads on the Golden Age board and saw a story in the newspaper this morning and on Fox News. I collect higrade comic books so I was impressed but was curious how OA collectors feel about this sale.

Impressed or Indifferent ?

How can you not be impressed? It is our passion/hobby after all... even if it is just the monetary aspect of it. But, I was watching Vinnie on Fox News talking about it and while it was a bit hurried... they kept calling him Mr. Zurolo.... it sounded to me like Metropolis bought this comic back from someone they sold it to years ago. So, did they broker the deal or buy the deal? Anyway, quite a number and a pretty book.

2c

If a real buyer who really paid 1Mil, check, cash, whatever, than I be very impressed, (thumbs u

IF a manipulated sale with trade/cash from one dealer, as the buyer, to another seller, with all sorts of hidden motives, hell no,

Funny thing is we will never know, for sure,

B

Assuming it's true, and it's certainly possible, it is very impressive, but only proves that the high end of the market is alive and well. That comic book would be among the handful of best in the world.

Most collectors would be more concerned how the $100-1000 end of the market is doing. That's the range where a great many transactions take place.

A million-dollar baby? Absolutely interested.

Still, as others have said, I'd like to know who bought the piece. If it's a legitimate price, then...cool. Don't see how it impacts comic OA (my passion) but it's not yawn-worthy, that's for sure.

Impressive and relavant to the OA market. Doesn't the high tide raise all the ships? It's a psychological barrier as much as a monetary one. We don't live in a vacum. OA being the next closest realation to comc books, has to feel it somewhwere down the line. As does many other collector hobbies. I know we had a Frazetta painting sell recently for 1 million. Coincidence that not much after a comic sold for that fiqure? Maybe, but maybe not. People in the collecting community have assimliated this number into their consciousness. It has sunken in. It makes me wonder, and I'm solicting feedback. What will be the first million dollar sale of a COMIC BOOK piece of OA? What (I am guesing it would be a cover?) single piece of art stands the best bet? A early FF or Spider-man cover?

who cares

Maybe you should be rephrase this to 'I don't care' ? Just sayin' :)

How can you not care about Action 1 hitting the 1M mark? You collect comic art, right?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I dont begrudge anybody's opinion even if I disagree. I think this Action 1 is very interesting and relevant to OA