• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunda... the movie?

8 posts in this topic

I'd meant to post this for a while now. This image came off the 'net, but I actually saw a copy of this poster for sale at a Portland antique mall while I was on vacation last summer.

I'd been in the hobby long enough, that I don't see much that makes me shake my head and say, "I never knew that existed." But this was one of those.

thunda.jpg

I love that the comic is featured on the poster. I realize they were probably just licensing a random "Tarzan." I didn't think Thunda was a particularly high profile character in his day.

Thanks, Scrooge. I guess this garners pretty much zero interest around here in the wake of the million dollar Action 1 sale.

Perhaps I should change this to an "Action 1 sells for a meeeeeeeelllllllion dollars!!!!!!" thread.

btw... I don't buy many archives, but I will buy that one. Even with both the comic and the reprint of #1, I'd love to read all the Powell stories.

Frank brought the Thunda character to Magazine Enterprises who sold/licensed it for the movie without discussing it with him. Frank cites it as his reason for stopping all work for ME, which is a shame, as a Frazetta illustrated Thunda would have been one heck of a great comic title.