• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New look is now live - Highgradecomics.com

101 posts in this topic

Bob's best from the Dropdown or left navigation bar?

We've been testing this for a couple of days now using IE and Firefox

bob

left navigation bar. again, it could just be me. i'm using firefox. let me try it again. it was fine this time- sorry for the false alarm

With some very hard work from Sckao and my web developer we are happy to announce that our new look is live tonight. This is not the end of the changes.

Hope that everyone likes the new look.

Bob

Like the new site Bob. The link in your sig. line does not work.

When searching a multipaged list on your site I must scroll back up to the top to advance to the next page. Should be at the bottom of the list.

We've been testing this using both Firefox and IE. Frankly IE is PITA. I've had a couple of friends checking it out on the IPhone. Naturally there might be some issues with that since I don't have a IPhone. That's what I have CGCworld Jim for.

Bob's best from the Dropdown or left navigation bar?

We've been testing this for a couple of days now using IE and Firefox

bob

left navigation bar. again, it could just be me. i'm using firefox. let me try it again. it was fine this time- sorry for the false alarm

I'm assuming you are referring to Bob's best page which has multiple pages. I'm not sure this will get fixed right away but I'll note it.

With some very hard work from Sckao and my web developer we are happy to announce that our new look is live tonight. This is not the end of the changes.

Hope that everyone likes the new look.

Bob

Like the new site Bob. The link in your sig. line does not work.

When searching a multipaged list on your site I must scroll back up to the top to advance to the next page. Should be at the bottom of the list.

I'm looking at the site through Safari. Based on my initial 5-minute perusing, I am really impressed with the number of changes. It's just a lot easier to navigate and find books I'm looking for. Much less layered so easier to find various things on your site without as much digging. And I do like the lighter colors for what its worth.

:foryou:

I think it looks great and a lot more interesting to browse.

I did notice the menu font is a little large and as a result some of the choices that take up two lines like "want-list service" and "company profile" are partially cut off by the 1 1/2 line field space. It looked that way in both firefox and explorer.

Yep, I'm seeing this in both Safari & Firefox as well.

The problem is that they're trying to use point sizes (pt) for the menu - which is an absolutely awful choice for any sort of web work as it's not consistent across browsers & platforms (and peoples' personal browser settings can influence how it's displayed as well).

Bob - tell your webguy to switch from points (pt) to pixels (px), and then tweak the menu so it fits within the fixed-width containers.

It also looks like the menu should be pushed in about 3 more pixels to the left - right now it's breaking out of the main container. And the search form field is too wide, and pushing the hour glass out of the sidebar:

sc1-highgradecomics.jpg

But make sure he keeps the menu font nice and hefty like it is, for us customers that are getting on in their years. :eek:

That's the problem with using points for sizing - depending on your browser settings, it'll either show up huge, it'll show up tiny, or anything in-between. Pixel sizes are the same across everything.