• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New look is now live - Highgradecomics.com

101 posts in this topic

Wow, even my PC from 2000 wasn't running IE 6.

It's the oldest browser we test in on a regular basis - it's a buggy piece of *spoon*, but still has about a 20% market share.

Yes, but sites are no longer supporting IE6 any more.

Bob, I love the new design and layout. Great job!

I did get a javascript error that your programmer may want to look at.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Timestamp: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:30:36 UTC

Line: 1

Char: 5

Code: 0

URI: http://highgradecomics.com/js/jquery-1.4.js

URI: http://highgradecomics.com/js/jquery.ThreeDots.js

Wow, even my PC from 2000 wasn't running IE 6.

It's the oldest browser we test in on a regular basis - it's a buggy piece of *spoon*, but still has about a 20% market share.

Yes, but sites are no longer supporting IE6 any more.

Bob, I love the new design and layout. Great job!

I did get a javascript error that your programmer may want to look at.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Timestamp: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:30:36 UTC

URI: http://highgradecomics.com/js/jquery-1.4.js

URI: http://highgradecomics.com/js/jquery.ThreeDots.js

Don't worry about that one... Bob's developer is working on the Featured Comics section and those routines are being used but aren't totally set up yet. (thumbs u

Notable sales from the dropdown worked in both IE and Firefox

What operating system are you using?

Bob

Firefox 3.5.8

that's not an operating system :tonofbricks:

Unfortunately, testing is mainly being done on IE 8.0. Firefox, Chrome, and iPhone.

I'll have to check IE 7.0 and IE 6.0.

You can use the built-in compatibility mode of IE8 to do IE7 testing. It's not 100% the same as using IE7, but it's so close that it only matters if you're an Amazon and 0.01% of your audience equates to thousands of users.

The overall look and organization of the new site is a big improvement! The space optimization of all the search pages could use quite a bit of tightening; when you add up the very large amount of space taken up by the company logo area, the page title, the help description, and all of the search filters, 50% or more of most users' screens is taken up by something other than what they're there to see, the books. A decent goal is that title/dressing stuff should be 250 pixels or less; I think you're at 400-500 pixels right now. On my 1440x900 screen, the inventory only has about 35% - 40% of the default screen area to be shown in before I have to start scrolling.

Whatever technical bugs have been mentioned aside, Bob, the site looks fantastic. A huge improvement over the old version.

The more scans the better. Personally, when buying a book between $50-$100, if there's a scan I am more likely to pull the trigger or make an offer at least. If there's no scan, it's 50/50 on whether or not I will even ask for a scan or simply move on.

Anyway, looks great. (thumbs u

Notable sales from the dropdown worked in both IE and Firefox

What operating system are you using?

Bob

Firefox 3.5.8

that's not an operating system :tonofbricks:

Whoops. Thought he was asking for browser. Yesterday was busy. Link works now so no worries.

The site is looking good though I didn't have a problem with the old one. I've been meaning to buy from the site for ages but didn't get around to it but I was going to make an offer on the X Men # 4 and a few others a week or so back and it went, before I got the time. :cry:

The site is looking good though I didn't have a problem with the old one. I've been meaning to buy from the site for ages but didn't get around to it but I was going to make an offer on the X Men # 4 and a few others a week or so back and it went, before I got the time. :cry:

I think we can somehow blame this on Bob.

hm

I think we can somehow blame this on Bob.

hm

Ah good, that'll make me feel better. :cloud9:

I have a comment about the Notable Sales.

these were ground breaking... in their day. and through no fault of your own, these same books have gone on to sell for much more since. Therefore, you want to claim your share of credit for selling them, but the prices no longer impress. In fact, makes it look like you sell big books too cheaply!

I think you need to embellish the copy to tell the story and your successful efforts (cause High grade is the Best place to go to with your Big Books!!) better:

Sold for a record breaking price of $94,000 in 2001!

Resold for a new record of $225,000 in 2004!

and dont worry that dating the sales may look like "but what have you done for me lately?" The sales prices are anemic as they are now displayed...