• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

79 posts in this topic

With some high-grade TMNT slabs hitting some crazy prices last night on the bay, I thought I'd try my luck with a few early TMNT books.

Michaelangelo 1-shot (first appearance of Klunk the cat)

CGC 9.6

A 9.8 copy went for over $280 on ebay last night. :o Get this one for just a fraction.

Price: $50

Michaelangelo196.jpg

Raphael 1-shot

CGC 9.6

Price: $100 :news: SOLD

It's tough to get these magazine-sized books in high grade. If this doesn't sell, I'm going to get it signed and keep my fingers crossed for a grade bump. This is a really nice 9.6 in my opinion.

Raphael1.jpg

Leonardo One-shot

CGC 9.6 (TOP CENSUS - that's right, no 9.8's to date)

Price: $75

This is another one that I'll get signed and hope for a bump on the resub. A great 9.6.

Leonardo1-96.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Free Comic Book Day reprint

CGC 9.6

Price $15

If you buy another TMNT book, get this book for 1/2 off. (thumbs u

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1-FCBD.jpg

Matrix Preview #nn

This was the recalled book that was deemed too graphic for the typical movie-going audience.

CGC 9.8

If this doesn't sell, I'll send it to the Boston Comic Con and have it signed by Bill Sienkiewicz. Even if for some strange reason it drops a grade, it'll still be the highest-graded SS copy. :cloud9:

That is a very cool book.

:applause:

Clive Barker: The Thief of Always #3

CGC 9.9 SS

Signed and SKETCHED by Clive Barker

Under the new SS rules, SS books by people like Barker who don't do large shows are now harder than ever to put together. Horror fans, get this while you can!

Price: $135

CliveBarker-TheThiefofAlways.jpg

hm nice book

I'll do a few sketches before quitting for the night. Most of the rest of the books will be sketches, including a few Goblins which I've never sold publicly before. Any Goblins that become available are ones that I was planning on upgrading this year. The goal is still to hit 50. (thumbs u

Here's a sketch to start:

Ayers Hulk full-figure hulk

CGC 9.8

Price: $60 :news: SOLD

He worked on the the first Avengers book, so I figured the Hulk would be a good subject for him. One of the better convention sketches I've seen from him. :)

MarvelsProject1-AyersHulk.jpg

David Hitchcock Green Goblin sketch

CGC 9.0 (this book would likely be a 9.8, but it's a production error that has extra staple holes in it, dropping it to a 9.0. They defects are most noticeable from the back).

This was a private sketch opportunity from Europe and I was in it for $100, so that's what I'll set the price at, but know that I'm VERY flexible on the price on this one. Send an offer (even a lowball) and see what happens. :)

Price: $100

DarkAvengers1-HitchcockGoblin.jpg

Clive Barker: The Thief of Always #3

CGC 9.9 SS

Signed and SKETCHED by Clive Barker

Under the new SS rules, SS books by people like Barker who don't do large shows are now harder than ever to put together. Horror fans, get this while you can!

Price: $135

CliveBarker-TheThiefofAlways.jpg

hm nice book

Yup, so..... :takeit:

I'll do a few sketches before quitting for the night. Most of the rest of the books will be sketches, including a few Goblins which I've never sold publicly before. Any Goblins that become available are ones that I was planning on upgrading this year. The goal is still to hit 50. (thumbs u

Here's a sketch to start:

Ayers Hulk full-figure hulk

CGC 9.8

Price: $60

He worked on the the first Avengers book, so I figured the Hulk would be a good subject for him. One of the better convention sketches I've seen from him. :)

MarvelsProject1-AyersHulk.jpg

:takeit:

Let's finish the night on a high note:

Mike Zeck Wolverine

CGC 9.8

Price: $275

Par2ch was offering headsketches through a private opportunity recently for $250 plus grading and shipping, which makes it about $275 or so. He sold out of spots VERY quickly. I'll charge that for a GUARANTEED 9.8. I'm also open to offers. (thumbs u

MarvelsProject1-ZeckWolverine.jpg

Matrix Preview #nn

This was the recalled book that was deemed too graphic for the typical movie-going audience.

CGC 9.8

If this doesn't sell, I'll send it to the Boston Comic Con and have it signed by Bill Sienkiewicz. Even if for some strange reason it drops a grade, it'll still be the highest-graded SS copy. :cloud9:

MatrixPreview.jpg

Per PM... :takeit:

Futurama #1 with a Turonga Leela sketch

CGC 9.8 SS

Signed by David X. Cohen and signed/sketched by Bill Morrison

Price: $55

If this doesn't sell, I'm going to send it to WWAnaheim for Billy West, John DiMaggio, Phil Lamarr, and Maurice Lamarche signatures.

Futurama1-Lela.jpg

CGC 9.8 SS

Signed by David X. Cohen and signed/sketched by Bill Morrison

If this doesn't sell, I'm going to send it to WWAnaheim for Billy West, John DiMaggio, Phil Lamarr, and Maurice Lamarche signatures.

Futurama1-Lela.jpg

nice pick up! i was on the fence with this one!

CGC 9.8 SS

Signed by and signed/sketched by

If this doesn't sell, I'm going to send it to WWAnaheim for Billy West, , , and signatures.

Futurama1-Lela.jpg

nice pick up! i was on the fence with this one!

I had my eye on that one also. Nice pickup!

Raphael 1-shot

CGC 9.6

Price: $100 :news: SOLD

It's tough to get these magazine-sized books in high grade. If this doesn't sell, I'm going to get it signed and keep my fingers crossed for a grade bump. This is a really nice 9.6 in my opinion.

Raphael1.jpg

:takeit: per PM

Thanks again Adam :)