• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

check out this listing: Superman #1 Larson!

146 posts in this topic

and given the name of his ebay store is penny arcade, me thinks this is theo back from the comic dealers death row!

Your future destination?

The $500 shipping cost from Theo is more offensive than his speedo, well equally offensive

I guess you can find anything with google.

Theo Holstein

You know, if I'd never seen the guy's pic I think with a name like Theo Holstein I'd still pick up on the mustache image.

There was a guy on the boards named Theo over the past few years. I wonder if he lurks here?

Is this Theo Holstein?

Just as long as it's not a pin-up of Theo Holstien! :sick:

:cloud9:

Just for you, Gator...

TheoHolstein.jpg

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I can't tell from this picture whether he's more interested in buying comics or selling his, err, "personal services" to lonely comic book collectors. hm

Is this Theo Holstein?

Just for you, Gator...

TheoHolstein.jpg

I can't tell from this picture whether he's more interested in buying comics or selling his, err, "personal services" to lonely comic book collectors. hm

hey, its your birthday, maybe he'll give you a freebie today.... :baiting:

Is this Theo Holstein?

Just for you, Gator...

TheoHolstein.jpg

hey, its your birthday, maybe he'll give you a freebie today.... :baiting:

:roflmao:

He's posted a pic in the listing. It's a strange pic, with a small box obscuring the bottom of the cover, some kind of thin chain draped over the left side of the cover, and the whole mess is covered with plastic that has deep creases in it, making the cover look worse than it actually is.

He says if the back cover were present, the book would easily be worth a million dollars.

I know it is "the Larson" Superman 1, but if it's missing the back cover, I'd at least hope it would have "Larson" scripted across the front to still make it desirable. Not having that is a double whammy.

He's posted a pic in the listing. It's a strange pic, with a small box obscuring the bottom of the cover, some kind of thin chain draped over the left side of the cover, and the whole mess is covered with plastic that has deep creases in it, making the cover look worse than it actually is.

He says if the back cover were present, the book would easily be worth a million dollars.

Can we get a pic of him with the Superman #1 over the crotch?

I know it is "the Larson" Superman 1, but if it's missing the back cover, I'd at least hope it would have "Larson" scripted across the front to still make it desirable. Not having that is a double whammy.

Not sure I get why people want a Larson book enough to pay a premium even if it's in bad condition. Especially if the entire point behind labelling pedigrees is that the owner took extra good care of his books. Obviously, if he cut the back cover off the Superman 1, that particular book wasn't well cared for.