• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

check out this listing: Superman #1 Larson!

146 posts in this topic

He wants people to send him 10k DEPOSITS to hold a book that he won't have pictures of for weeks?

Adam, when you spoke to him, did you call Nigeria?

lol

My first reaction when I saw the listing was very similar. I definitely don't think the seller is doing himself any favors with that listing! But I did recognize the eBay ID as someone I'd spoken with a few times on the phone a number of years ago and met a few times at the SD Comic Con.

From the few times I've spoken with him the seller seems like a nice guy. But I will say the fact that the book is missing the back cover should've made its way into the listing at least once :) Especially before asking for a $10,000 deposit!

He may be a really nice guy...hell, he could be Santa Claus for all I care, but if the guy is going to conveniently omit something as important as the back cover not being there and try this cockamamie $10k deposit shyte, he can go take a leap. :screwy:

I think last year when he listed it, he wanted 50K...now more :o

What do you suppose a fair price would be?

The deposit.

meh

What happened to the back cover?

My guess would be that Lamont cut it off and pinned it to his wall. I once asked his daughter if her dad remembered doing that. She asked him, but he couldn't recall.

I think last year when he listed it, he wanted 50K...now more :o

What do you suppose a fair price would be?

The deposit.

meh

So if ten people pony up the deposit everyone should be happy. :idea:

I would pay 20K range, and find a back cover...still the "larson"

I was partially joking, and seriously leaning towards $15K, but $20K seems a bit high.

What happened to the back cover?

My guess would be that Lamont cut it off and pinned it to his wall. I once asked his daughter if her dad remembered doing that. She asked him, but he couldn't recall.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. So if the back cover is indeed missing, why on earth would he have a buy it now of $100k? Im pretty sure he knows how much this book is without a back cover. Can't wait to see the pix soon

5.0-7.0 with no back cover? :roflmao:

That's not what the auction description says "front cover easy 5.0 to 7.0" He never says the book's 5.0-7.0, just the front cover doh!

Yes, but he also said the book is "6.0 Unrestored" in the title.

I contacted the seller and he said the back cover was removed in 1939.

I would pay 20K range, and find a back cover...still the "larson"

I was partially joking, and seriously leaning towards $15K, but $20K seems a bit high.

high to you maybe, but that is what I am willing to pay (thumbs u

The Listing is Gone !
I imagine someone reported the ole "send 10K now to get in line " thing...that is just not right lol

Well, he's found a business model that works, and is coming back for more. :grin:

Relisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-number-1-Larson-Copy-NOT-CGC-6-0-UNRESTORED_W0QQitemZ330410191494QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cedfb6a86