• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many copies of Nemesis #1 will you buy?

22 posts in this topic

Now I know a good amount of people buy multiple copies of books they speculate will take off, I for one have never bought more than one copy of any book with the same cover. I might have to break that for this book. The way I see it, the story may suck, or it may rock, heck it could become a movie, who knows. With the success of Kick A.ss its pretty reasonable that this book will have a strong following as well. So I will most likely pic up two or three copies of this one. Anyone else planning on doing the same? Wonder how big the print run on the first issue will be?

Whenever speculation starts before the release, it's likely to not be of value. Because too many people are doing the same thing.

Are there exceptions? Of course. Chew is a good example. But what makes Chew different than a book like this? The print run.

Pat

Are there exceptions? Of course. Chew is a good example. But what makes Chew different than a book like this? The print run.

And possibly the fact that Chew wasn't hyped up anywhere near as much as Nemesis. Chew picked up pace quite a while after it hit the stands.

When they are less than a buck on dcbservice, I'll typically get two copies. One to read and one to let someone else have if they aren't able to get it. let Gav know as he is always overcharged on Moderns so I can build him a stack and save him money.

I always knew you were the sheit :cloud9:

I think this book is going to be pretty hot. I am sure it won't be a true miniseries. Kick- was only scheduled for 6-8 books, but it is going to be in volumes now. I think it will be like Criminal or Irredeemable. I preordered a nice 50 count and the 1:25 variants also might be pretty scarce. I clearly could be wrong though....but look how much Kick 1 1st Prints sell for ($30-$50 per). I preordered quite a few of those also and did pretty well on them. I think Millar has a huge following and with the movie already in the works it should remain hot for quite some time.

When they are less than a buck on dcbservice, I'll typically get two copies. One to read and one to let someone else have if they aren't able to get it.

When they offer these low low prices, it also means that other shops are getting the same discount (even if they don't pass it on to their customers). This tells me there will be plenty of copies all over the place.

My guess? It'll be hot right off the bat, so if you've got copies, get 'em slabbed and sell 'em fast.

Me? I'm skipping it entirely. This usually means it'll be a hot commodity since only the books I don't buy become crazy hot on the secondary market.