• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN appreciation thread!

186 posts in this topic

Those will be out in stores by next X-Mas! :applause:

I appreciate Iron Man as this is my first...but Im going to miss this book. :(

Someone on the boards I hope gets this from me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TALES-OF-SUSPENSE-39-CGC-4-5-RESTORED-1963_W0QQitemZ180478415010QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a055a10a2

It's going for a bargain too! :idea:

An updated picture of my IRON MAN CGC SS collection...

ironmancollection.jpg

My collection so far consists of Adi Granov, Stan Lee, Jon Favreau, Bob Layton, Gabrielle Dell'otto, Matt Fraction, Leinil Francis Yu, Mark Morales, Laura Martin, Mickey Rourke and Larry Lieber.

I believe this to be the ONLY Larry Lieber CGC that exists:

tos39leelieber.jpg

And a picture of Stan Lee signing it :)

DSC00338-1.jpg

I also have a Secret Wars 8 9.8 (w/ a sketched Iron Man by Mike Zeck) coming at the end of the month too and a Marvel Universe 5 - awaiting grade (w/ a sketched Iron Man by Joe Rubinstein) and a Robert Downey JR SS CGC coming in a few months (HUGE thanks to Dan, Mike, Fred, Doug and Will - I didn't know people that cool exist out there).

:hi: I can't wait!!

I know there's at least 1 other Larry Lieber SS out there, but you're right, it's not common at all. Very nice.

Just posting a few of my recent Iron Man books to keep my thread alive.

skottieyoungwarmachine.jpg

Thanks to Bryan (who I'm proud to call a friend) for getting this done for me at

C2E2, it will be dated with my birthday - 16/04/ -- probably the sweetest birthday

present a friend has ever got me. A Skottie Young sketch cover!

Image13-3.jpg

Thanks to Dan (who I'm proud to call a friend) for this beautiful comic.

It's the only SS on census, it got a 9.4 because Brandon pressed to hard with the pen,

but never the less I love it! A Brandon Peterson War Machine Sketch!

(he did the Iron Man Vs. Whiplash cover for those unfamiliar)

Image2-5.jpg

Another Dan pedigree, and he tells me this is the only Iron Man sketch that has ever

been done in a Secret Wars. I think it turned out great, and I'm relieved it got a 9.8.

Mike Zeck (Iron Man) - John Beatty (Venom)

ironman150.jpg

Yet another Dan pedigree... One of my fave covers, and my only

David Michelinie SS CGC.

File0012-5.jpg

Thank you to Will for getting me this done at @ Wizard World Toronto. It was very kind of you sir!

Adi Granov Iron Man sketch!

This is the Euro Variant, only 500 were printed, and this is the only SS!

So that's it for now... I have another comic that Fred got done for me at C2E2, but I will wait till I get a picture to show that, but he insures me it is awesome! :hi:

Thanks to all my forum friends who have helped me with my Iron Man collection so far.

Including Doug ;)

Just posting a few of my recent Iron Man books to keep my thread alive.

skottieyoungwarmachine.jpg

Thanks to Bryan (who I'm proud to call a friend) for getting this done for me at

C2E2, it will be dated with my birthday - 16/04/ -- probably the sweetest birthday

present a friend has ever got me. A Skottie Young sketch cover!

Sweet books Lloyd! This sketch is awesome. :applause:

Also Happy Birthday :) ! (sorry I'm late :sorry:)

Thanks dude :)

I'm loving all the sketches on the covers I've got lately - look really great I think.

They absolutely do. Fantastic books and sketches. (thumbs u